Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-28-2003, 12:03 PM   #1
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Re: The Highwayman Book Review

LOL, how about if we just call you ... "The Bigot"?
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2003, 12:11 PM   #2
Grover
Founding Member

Johnnie must have figured out how to insert a page break.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 12:53 PM   #3
Fugaziiv
Founding Member

haha, this stuff is great!
keep it coming...
Fugaziiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 01:42 PM   #4
saaz
Registered Member

Interesting and good for a laugh. A bit brand specific, and ignoring where the parts are sourced. What about other American built bikes, including the Goldwing I believe?

Try inserting "horse" instead of "Harley"..
saaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 01:48 PM   #5
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Hey, Kids, What time is it?

Well, let's see.

"A life membership in the brotherhood of righteousness is part of the

authentic Harley-Davidson experience. A life sentence among the damned is reserved for the

atrociteurs."

Interesting. Having owned two Harleys, and now something else, I wonder, do I have two lifetime memberships? can I get a friend in free, like with college-ID movie discounts? Or does my new bike (and its attendant damnation) cancel one of my life memberships? Over the Memorial Day weekend, whilst riding three states away to find good twisties, I cleaned out my wallet one evening and discovered that my H.O.G. dealership discount is not dependant on bike ownership, but merely on dues-payment. So I can ride my BMW up to the Harley dealership, and still get 10% off parts, accesories, and best of all, genuine MotorClothes (tm).

Kick A$$!

And speaking of atrociteurs....I am beginning to feel offended by This Man o' The Highway, this Will o' The Wisp, this vague turner of veiled, diplomatic phrase, this beater around the bush who never, somehow, manages to say what it is that he means. Offended? you ask. And The Head says, "Yes, offended."

He never mentions the atrociteurs from the Western hemishpere. I work hard, slaving away behind the bars of a Kraut-hammer, what sounds like a two-stage air compressor (sorry, Kompressor) all so that I can destroy the spirit of true American Motorcycling. And what is the thanks that I get? I get ignored.

My fellow atroociteauieoumouseers, Rise up!

Think of your favorite bikes. Who makes 'em?

Excepting Harley, the vast majority of all bike production in the modern world is done by the Japanese (Big 4), the Germans (I found BMW have internal memos that refer to themselves as 'Die Waffen Moto'), and the Italians (Aprilia, Duc, the Goose).

What this means is that the Axis powers make the bikes that go fastest, last longest, and have most of the sex appeal.

The Yankee makes are content to look good without actually fighting the war (well, except in Roger Corman movies where they use chains to beat people because they've run out of squibs.) In other words, Harley is isolationist. They give no thought to their allies. Do you really think that Hinkley fire was an accident? Do you?! Bah.

I will fight with my honorable brothers no more, forever. They can have moto-hegemony over the East. To Biaggio goes Africa and the Italian peninsula (so long as he understands we will continue to sweep Paris-Dakar, by fiat), and BMW, they get Western Europe. We choose not to invade the land of Ural, knowing from history that the sidehack R32s will retreat into the interior, spewing burning oil behind them. Uncreative *****s. But I digress.

Soon, soon, this Highwayman, this wouldbe Roosevelt rolling about on his crippled moto-chair will know, and the knowing will be the end of him, that atrociteurs can come from more places than one, small far-away island. Soon, he will perish in the face of his own Great Depression. Already we see the softness in the used-Hog market.

And there will be no ewoks to save him this time.

The Aerodynamic Head has spoken. So let it be written; so let it be done.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:17 PM   #6
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey, Kids, What time is it?

that were beautiful, AH...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 02:20 PM   #7
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Give me inline 4s or give me death

Oh I get goose bumps reading this stuff. What is great about the world is now you can be patriotic i.e. support American workers and engineers by buying Honda. You can have world class products made by Americans.

See here how Honda supports Americans (click here )
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 02:26 PM   #8
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Know someone that loves motorcycles and majoring in engineering? Honda wants them.

Help wanted at Honda click here
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 02:28 PM   #9
cyclox
Founding Member

Interesting.... 0 of 43 readers found his comments useful...
cyclox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 02:28 PM   #10
DaveFla
Founding Member

I have an awful suspicion... Has anyone ever seen The Highwayman and johnnyb in the same place, at the same time?!?

DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote