Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-29-2003, 03:18 PM   #71
clively
Founding Member

Default Re: The Highwayman Book Review

By posting THM, JB caused dissension (which is normal) but eventually got everyone to do a big cyber-hug and KPaul admitted to like

v-twins! If Hades wasn't freezing over, I would have a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

BTW- to the guy who bought the Beemer,

I think you're a Nazi.
clively is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2003, 03:20 PM   #72
clively
Founding Member

Default Re: The Highwayman Book Review

Easy now, I was being silly.
clively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 03:37 PM   #73
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Exploding transmissions?

What exactly was your experience with their customer service? Poor CS seems to be a rampant problem within the motorcycle industry, especially among companies on the left coast (Corbin and the unbelievably-bad Targa, from my own experience).
Old 05-29-2003, 03:40 PM   #74
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: reverse rascism?

Jesus. It sounds like you may have a lemon. Wasn't that stuff covered under warranty? (except the chrome, which you mentioned wasn't.) What chrome parts were they? (It sounds like the dealer is just lazy/incompetent and doesn't want to be hassled with a warranty job he won't make money on.)
Old 05-29-2003, 03:49 PM   #75
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: seruzawa

Hey, it's the Trailerman who starts all this racist cant. I just expect him to be consistent.

Too much to expect.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:51 PM   #76
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: The Wayhighman Book Review

Don't waste your breath. According to this guy we are the bigots.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:54 PM   #77
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Beem me up Scotty, Sarnali scores his BMW

Don't expect him to respond. He's out biking while we are nerdishly posting drivel.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:28 PM   #78
sarnali
Founding Member

Hey fellow MOrons, to answer your question's,,,,,The R1150R unfortunatly didn't work for me,,as longride pointed out it's pretty cramped, what was sore knees yesterday turned into cramped and sore today, so I took the bike back to Ride West in Seattle and asked what could be done. After a little discussion we agreed on a used '02 R1150 RTA with 10k miles coincidently it's almost the same blue as my old '85 K-RS. I bought a top case and rode away a happy man. Maximum Props to Sean and the crew at Ride West BMW in Seattle, they turned what would have been an unfortunate situation into a positive one with no fuss or bother, Thanks guys!. The new RT has linked ABS, I tried a few panic stops from about 50 or so and it works as advertised, I don't notice any odd behavior from the brakes, other than alot of clicks and whirr's. In normal braking you wouldn't even know it was there other than being strong. Maybe after I've done a few K miles I might have a better feel for any discrepensies. I'm guessing it'll be a real benefit in the wet weather. Overall I'm pretty happy with bike, and yes I was out riding most of the day, now I'm gonna pop a top on a few Becks Dark 's and christen my Beemer under the moon like a true freak. Peace out Bro's.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 07:39 PM   #79
sarnali
Founding Member

An- A -'Nother thing! yes The R1150RTA does surge at low throttle openings, I'm going to take it in next week and see if they can adjust the TPS or timing or something, The '04 R1150R twin spark didn't surge at all,,,, I looked for a used '97 VFR w/ high miles and minimal service history but no luck,,Sorry, I had to settle for another air/oil cooled antique, This one doesn't have two extra cyl's though. When Triumph comes out with the replacment for the Trophy in a few years I'll trade back into 4 cylinders..
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 04:49 AM   #80
seruzawa
The Toad

What I can't figure out is why you are posting instead of riding. If I had a new RT you wouldn't hear from me for a month!

Should've gotten that SV650. I can tell you are real sorry.