Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-29-2003, 06:33 AM   #41
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Beem me up Scotty, Sarnali scores his BMW

Idiot. Everyone knows the R1150R can't compare to the SV650... or the Concours...

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2003, 06:40 AM   #42
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Default Re: reverse rascism?

I've owned/ own sportbikes and cruisers, I know 800lb bikes don't by definition handle well, but I will say this I'd rather take my bike test on a Valkyrie or Roadking over that behemoth any day.

There is a petition on the roadstar riders forum in delphi to get yamaha to even acknowledge that some of thier Roadstar transmissions are self destructing, you may have to search a little.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 06:41 AM   #43
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: The Wayhighman Book Review

Well, I've owned a lot of bikes from a Honda Cub to a Shovelhead, Ducati, etc. Even have ridden things like a '54 AJS or a '51 BSA B33. I've probably logged the most miles on Kawasakis.

Myself I don't care what people ride. The only thing thas bugs me are snobs. Harley snobs, BMW snobs, sportbike snobs, goldwing snobs, VFR snobs, SV650 snobs, inline4 snobs... screw 'em all.

If we don't hang together, we'll certainly hang seperately.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:50 AM   #44
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Default Re: Give me inline 4s or give me death

>

If by "us" you mean Britain only, since our glorius allies (the US) didn't deign to get involved in ww2 until Japan bombed them.

You guys were to ww2 as France was to the Iraqi war.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 06:53 AM   #45
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: reverse rascism?

I've never ridden a Valkyrie, so I can't comment, but a Road King? The one you rode must be different than the one I rode, which was a cow at both low speeds and higher speed turns (over 60 mph). It would also shake its head in anything approaching a quick transition from side to side. The only aspect that was better than a Road Star was floorboard to ground clearance. I can see where this would make a difference on the bike test, but most of the riding portions on the bike license tests I've seen don't actually translate to real world riding and a motorcycle's ability to pass the riding test has absolutely nothing to do with its useability in the real world. Those tests are just meant to demonstrate your level of riding skill.

I also managed to find a little info on the Delphi site after my original post, but still, it looks like they only have nine or ten guys with problems. Did you have a problem with yours?
Old 05-29-2003, 06:56 AM   #46
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: The Wayhighman Book Review

"Anyway, yes I ride a Harley but like all the bikes except for all the cheap *jap* harley wannabe type bikes that seem to dilute the meaning of biker."

Which bikes are these? And what is the "meaning of biker" that they are diluting? How are they diluting it?
Old 05-29-2003, 06:57 AM   #47
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Give me inline 4s or give me death

Corporate bullshyt for the gullable. And you have the balls to moan about Harley propaganda? Do you think Honda ever wanted to manufacture a thing here? They don't. They do for one reason. To avoid restrictive laws regarding imports. They only make cars here to avoid the limit on the number of imported cars the US allows, and if Reagan didn't slap the tariff on them in the early 80's, not one of their bikes would be manufactured here. Not one was before that time. The reason you get goose bumps is because it's a substitute for your brain actually working. Spare me the patriotic crap.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:03 AM   #48
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You think he would have had enough brains to get a used VFR. A 97 or 98 is best.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 07:04 AM   #49
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Execuse me ?????US like France no way

"You guys were to ww2 as France was to the Iraqi war" What about lend/lease? Didn't that start before Dec 7, 1941. ???? America was much different before WWII? We did more than our share in WWI? But we didn't want to become involved in another European conflict. Although the U.S. underestimated the Nazi threat we came through when it counted. No offense to the Brits (my grandfather was one) but if the U.S. hadn't come into the War, Hitler would of quickly taken England after the development of the V-2 rocket.

Joke: How many Frenchman does it take to defend Paris?

No one knows it's never been tried.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 07:05 AM   #50
12er
Founding Member

Just say no to the ABS?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote