Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-28-2003, 06:42 PM   #21
Z3Coupe
Founding Member

Default Re: Give me inline 4s or give me death

I hate to rain on your parade with the facts, but...

The Japanese started their quest for world domination well before the drunken Goth masses fired up the Panzers and invaded Poland. Or even helped out in the Spanish Civil War. The were busy killing millions of Chinese and occupying Manchuria in the early 30s...

But I do agree with the sentiment expressed in your post and elsewhere. Why just pick on the Asian Atrociteurs? How come the Euro Trash get neglected?

Matthew
Z3Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2003, 07:58 PM   #22
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Beem me up Scotty, Sarnali scores his BMW

To bad .....THE BACKDOORMAN..... had to splatter his drivel talking about Superbikes of the Seventies, I got that book for christmas. Full of great pictures and interesting anecdotes by Roland Brown It's pretty doubtfull that BUTTSLAMMAN even read the book as the only HD in there is the '77 XLCR, a totally dope bike that went largley un-noticed. Now for something completley different,,,, I picked up my spankin' new '04 twin-spark R1150R today,I tearfully traded off my faithfull Bandito Grande` and rode home on beemer # 3. It's kinda hard to type "cause my s**t-eatin' grin keeps squintin' my eyeballs. I put 300 miles on it today, my long-assed legs are a little cramped on it but I'll adapt, so far lovin' every minute of it.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 11:21 PM   #23
merv
Founding Member

Default Re: The Highwayman Book Review

.. but hey it was enough to get you posting a message so you are making use of your 12 bucks. What's the problem was it the last 12 bucks you had? Just think of us down here in NZ we only get 57 cents US for every buck and I'm not complaining.
merv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 02:34 AM   #24
Labrat
Founding Member

Hey Highwayboy, I grew up near Marysville, Oh (where Honda's are assenmbled) and it's not god-forsaken. Flat and boring maybe, but not god-forsaken.
Labrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 03:09 AM   #25
DialedIN
Founding Member

Hey now, don't be stereotyping my bud lite!!!

Besides a true harleyman would'nt be caught dead drinking a light beer.....Thats just not macho....
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 03:33 AM   #26
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Beem me up Scotty, Sarnali scores his BMW

Congrats Bro!

Once you have it broken in you'll have to tell us if BMW has corrected the surging problem that doesn't exist.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 04:14 AM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Price/performance sucks though

How can you like a bike that has as poor a price/performance ratio as that one does? And it only has 2 cylinders? Man you got ripped. By the way I saw one on my way to work this morning and it's really a nice looking bike. The riding position looks a bit cramped though. Maybe I need a test ride.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:14 AM   #28
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Default reverse rascism?

Hey JB did you ever notice that when you post the inane drivel that comes from the trailerman's mind, it has the equal and opposite reaction of prompting even more inane drivel from the rabid anti-harley crowd?

People are blinded by thier own (mostly) ridiculous prejudices.

BTW. talking of prejudices My roadstar was undoubtedly the biggest POS I've ever owned in my life, handled like the Tirpitz, not enough power to get out of it's own way, cheap construction and price gouged after market parts. Yamaha customer service is virtually non existant, how many more fellow riders have to be killed or injured before Yamaha issues a recall on exploding transmissions?

AHHHH! I feel better now.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 04:47 AM   #29
SmokeU
Registered Member

Default Re: It's Aerodynamic Head time!!!!!!!!!

Like totally RAD man
Old 05-29-2003, 04:49 AM   #30
caderider
Registered Member

Default Exploding transmissions?

Can I get more information on this Yamaha transmission problem? I likely will be buying a new bike in a couple years, deciding between a Yamaha Royal Star Venture or a Honda Goldwing...

Thx, B