Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

View Poll Results: I think STREET "Extreme" stunts are:
idiotic 13 17.81%
assanine 9 12.33%
so cool I need rubber pants 1 1.37%
a waste of a perfectly good motorcycle 6 8.22%
a wheelie or two is ok, but this is just stupid 15 20.55%
the meaning of life 2 2.74%
the meaning of lame 5 6.85%
when is lunch? 7 9.59%
MR ALL CAPS IS MY HERO 9 12.33%
my mom said wheelies were dangerous 1 1.37%
anybody have a Midol? 0 0%
cool, I would do them, if I had the money 5 6.85%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2003, 02:11 PM   #1
merv
Founding Member

Default Re: LIExtreme announces new documentary

I'm all for freedom and excitement. Why can't the highway patrol guys have a day off some time? Down here in NZ it is all getting a bit too regulated these days with too many highway patrol cars and speed cameras in action.

Cheers

Merv.
merv is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2003, 02:15 PM   #2
drthompson65
Founding Member

Nature weeds out the stupid remember..
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 02:31 PM   #3
smomack
Founding Member

And the unlucky.

With my luck, I hope to Christ I never get near these guys.
smomack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 04:54 PM   #4
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Merv, Hate to say it (and live it) but the home of the free isn't. Many of our Cops need to ticket people to pay their salary, a win/win situation for Government and Insurance companys, the only victims being US citizens. Now that we've killed thousands to get Sadam and Osama (we got them right?) maybe we'll get our liberties back right? (lol). Read Alan Shermans "The rape of the A.P.E." and know what I think.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 07:41 PM   #5
sarnali
Founding Member

amazing, the stuff these guys and others do is incredible, probably gives a "responsible motorcyclist" image a resounding kick in the balls but impressive none the less. And a darn good way to chlorinate the gene pool. Hopefully these boyz will move on to bigger and better things before they do too much more damage to the image of sportbiking. Since HD went the " doctors, lawyers and blue-collar workers, one big happy family" media route sportbikes have turned into the rebel's without a clue. This kind of ***** isn't helping.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 02:58 AM   #6
dominatr37
Founding Member

Ho Hum. I'm from Long Island, and this is just more stupidity. I crack up when I see these idiots in their still shots. There's some moron in there doing wheelies in shorts. I couldn't tell if he had tattoos or scars on his legs . I have no respect for these guys whatsoever. They do it all wrong. You want to do this stunt *****, do it in parking lots, not on public roads where someone else can get hurt (Screw the stunters, if they kill, cripple or maim themselves, it's their own fault.) They never wear proper riding gear, I mean look at these photo's These fools are wearing shorts and T-Shirts with $400 helmets! Damn, save us all the embarrasment and just wear nothing on your heads. At least then when you go down, you'll make good organ donors instead of vegetables.
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 05:06 AM   #7
waepoint
Founding Member

Default Hypocrisy Extreme

My first instinct is to look down my nose at these guys ... folks who are too dumb to cover their own asses appropriately and who take their tricks to Main St. where kiddies, oldsters, and kittens teeter dangerously in the mix.

But who the hell am I to talk? I love ripping a wheelie just as much as cruising an empty mountain road or knocking seconds off my pathetic track times. It's all part of motorcycling ... it's an appreciation of the machine and how you interact with it. Sure, these guys are idiots, but you have to appreciate the fact that they have skills and abilities that you and I will never approach.

Some may rationalize these stunts away as testosterone-induced stupidity, teen angst, or post-punk nihilism (and they might even be right), but the fact is these guys are simply amping up the same love we all have for motorcycles, freedom, horsepower, and psychotropic drugs (optional). More power to 'em, especially if they keep the cops occupied while my buddies and I scoot out to more covert back roads at moderately indecent speeds.

And, c'mon. These guys are no more shaping the Image of Motorcycling than Vin Diesel is shaping the Image of Automobiling (or Bad Acting). Sure, some people take their cue from this kind of stuff, but by and large the Masses draw their impressions from who they see every day, and that's you and me.

The extreme riders are the 1% of the 1% ... i.e. a handful of guys who stand out like a canker sore on a Nun. The cops in their areas know who they are, and most aren't going to pull over Joe RUBbie on his Fat Bob Heritage Softspring Classic (with fringed saddle bags), or even Kip Squid on his Race Rep GIXulater 1000 SV-R Special Edition (with leopard-skin tank bra), if they're riding within the realm of sanity and wearing regular gear.

If you don't like these hooligan antics, the best thing you can do is ignore it. Take a lesson from 2Live Crew and all the other no-talent hacks who have made millions simply because some overly-righteous moron got their panties in a wad. Nothing drives sales like overwrought do-gooders drawing attention to something (seemingly) rebellious.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 05:27 AM   #8
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default yet more of the same thing

The boat and plane sections of this particular video notwithstanding, hasn't everybody gotten bored of this stunt crap yet? I bought Las Vegas Xtreme about 3 1/2 years ago, and when I saw Urban Assault, and every single subsequent sportbike video, it was simply more of the same crap. I can only watch so many guys stand on their tanks or do wheelies with their legs over the windscreen before I am bored out of my mind.

This whole stunt fad was fun for about 20 minutes. Now it's just lame. Why can't I ever see them going around a fast corner scratching pegs? Oh wait, I forgot, they don't know how to go around a corner.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 08:30 AM   #9
fischermotorco
Founding Member

Yes, it's really cool when guys drag race down a suburban street. Not so cool for the 6 year-old on a bicycle, though.

We may already be over-governed, but when it comes to safety, there should be someone at then helm with more responsibility than greed. This stuff just encourages people to go punch holes in the back of their skulls trying wheelies they saw on the screen while risking the lives of others along the way. Safety First!
fischermotorco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 01:26 PM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: yet more of the same thing

I guess I'm not the only one who is bored to death by the stupid "Freestyle" motorcycle jumping competitons. Yawn. How many times can you stand watching the same people doing the same stunts over and over and over and over..... and then having a winner of a freakin' motorcycle competition chosen by some freakin' judges?