Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-18-2003, 03:41 AM   #71
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Defending the CBR

No I said the CBR has less longevity.

Anyhow you are the last person who should be accusing others of having opinions not based on fact.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2003, 03:44 AM   #72
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Right numbers wrong conclusion

Oh Lordy. KPaulKook talking about real world power.

Wonders never cease.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:58 AM   #73
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: You and Motorcyclist (mag) make a great point. Excellent bike

Heh heh. Imagine what would be happening if Kook had bought an SV650 as his first bike. All the energy he expends "proving" that 600-4s are the greatest inventions since the wheel would be spent "proving" the same thing about twins.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:23 AM   #74
Oren_Laskin
Founding Member

Default Re: Which bike to buy: CBR600F4i or SV650?

Yeah, I'm actually considering an SVS right now. My plans are mainly track days and hopefully one of the schools but I watch WSMC. The 40 (or was it 50?) man novice middleweight start was quite interesting last month. I missed this month's due to the weather and the friend I go with is getting a new racebike.
Oren_Laskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 08:35 AM   #75
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Hey rscheidler, what kind of bike(s) do you have?
Old 03-18-2003, 08:50 AM   #76
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

*Gasp*

You aren't actually suggesting that someone ignore the functional superiority of one design over another, are you?

*Gasp*

How dare you suggest that people should be allowed to buy slower bikes just because that person thinks the slower bike looks better! People can't be allowed to make their own decisions based on styling! They should base their decision on comparison tests, and dyno charts, and spec sheets, and the holy and infallible opinion of Peter Egans, and Mitch Boehms, and Kent Kunitsugus! In fact, in the future I don't think we'll even need dealers. When the latest edition of Cycle World/Motor Cyclist/Sport Rider comes out, you should be able to order the bike right out of the magazine- they could include an order form at the end of each comparison test/spec sheet comparison. That would remove almost all error on the part of the buyer and make it nearly impossible for them to end up with the slower, less functionally capable bike.

*Gasp* You should be ashamed of yourself!
Old 03-18-2003, 11:04 AM   #77
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Right numbers wrong conclusion

LOL You got me.....
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 01:23 PM   #78
mooree
Registered Member

Default Re: thanks again to all

I recently got rid of a 2002 Ducati 900 Sport (I looked at the SV650, but wanted more power so I got the ducati) for a 2002 Triumph Sprint ST. Stay with me for a second....I ride in Florida where there are not that many twisties and I ride with a buddy that has a 99 CBR F4. My ducati could not hang with the CBR in straight line acceleration and the CBR COULD hang with the ducati in the curves (we we travel up to alabama). I think it really comes down to what you like the best. My ducati made about 80 horse-power and 60 Ilbs of torque....more than an SV650 in both departments. The honda has 16,000 mile valve intervals and my buddy has never had a single problem and he has 18,000 on the bike. I am totally not trying to sell the honda, but don't let the "I love the feel of twins" fool you. The F4 is a great motorcycle and deserves a decent look. You can do a ton of work to get the SV to the level of the honda or you can ride.
mooree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 02:10 PM   #79
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: You and Motorcyclist (mag) make a great point. Excellent bike

Imagine if the first bike was a Harley! We'd have the Highwayman's evil twin!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 02:11 PM   #80
rsheidler
Founding Member

I understand what you mean about the Middleweight Novice field. When I started back racing again a couple of years ago, I went to WSMC for the school (one of the few that offer them with every race weekend, and the MRA would accept a WSMC license). My (then nearly stock) Duc 900SS was horribly outpowered by even a tired 600, so my first thought was to complain about having to ride in Heavyweight Novice (in MRA, open twins run with middleweight) but after seeing the field, I was happier getting blown away by a smaller number of R1s and Gixxer 1000s instead of by hoards of maniacal 600s. Either way, I was gonna be near the back of the field.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote