Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-14-2003, 09:17 AM   #71
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Holy Crap!

I think we may have found The Highwayman longride. Who would have know it was KP all this time? He sure had us fooled!

Hopefully the Geezer Glide will be finished today although I won't be able to ride it for a few days due to parenting responsiblities. I'm getting the Screamin' Eagle arm chaps too!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2003, 01:06 PM   #72
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Fair price, for a new bike?

last years models are always discounted, if the model you're after has had no real changes you can save a bundle on a non-current new bike if you can find one. there's a new '02 VTR 1000 at the local Honda shop for $6599 plus some good financing rates apply. the only current year new bike I've bought was my Bandit and they're cheap anyway. My GPZ750, K100RS and my VFR750 were all previous year models that were $1500 ~ $2000 off.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 01:28 PM   #73
cornercarver
Founding Member

Yeah, I will say that whenever I walk into my local Japanese bike dealers, they don't feel like the kind of place where you can establish a relationship. I wonder if that is because the lower price of their motorcycles (generally, anyway) attracts buyers who spend less after the fact, so they don't feel that it is worth their time. I lived just around the corner from a Suzuki/Honda/Kawi/KTM shop that was very unfriendly. Even if the place was completely empty, it would sometimes take 30 minutes to get parts from the guy behind the parts counter. The service guys did get friendly about the little jobs I would sometimes bring them when the tools in my garage couldn't cut it, but they were VERY careful to make sure the service manager didn't find out about it or there would have been hell to pay.

The fact that the japanese m/c dealers rarely provide demo rides doesn't help, either. I guess they are used to customers coming in and plunking down money on a bike they've never ridden. At the two euro dealerships I frequent, I test ride every demo bike that comes in, usually more than once, just to see what it is like. It gives us something to talk about when I stop by mid-ride to shoot the ***** or I'm hanging out waiting for a tire change.

I tried to buy a used v-strom from the aforementioned japanese m/c dealer, and he wouldn't let me ride the thing. Who buys a bike they've never had a chance to ride? Especially a used one with a limited warranty? Instead, I let my preferred dealers know I was looking, and they were able to offer a good deal to a prospective trade in, in the knowledge that I would likely buy the thing. I took the one my BMW dealer got for a test ride, decided against it, and it wasn't a big deal. They sold it to someone else a week or two later.

--sam
cornercarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 04:57 PM   #74
elecbill
Founding Member

I have been looking for a while and have found LACYCLESPORTS to be offering the best deals or very close too. Especially on new equipment. Check them out. They also have out the door prices in Cycletrrader so that you can get a good idea whats fair.
elecbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 04:14 AM   #75
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Are the SE arm chaps faster than the stock ones, or just louder?
Old 03-15-2003, 04:18 AM   #76
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Billet Aluminum Conchos
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 04:40 AM   #77
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Re: Another Example of Short-Sighted Thinking

I'm suing Harley for defective manufacturing;

their product made me an Outcast(tm) and shunned as a big dork by all my relations.

Old 03-19-2003, 08:27 AM   #78
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: How Do I get the Best Price on a Big Mac?

And your source of this information was...? You might want to call Burger King with that info. I'm sure they would pay you for it (if indeed the source was in any way credible).
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote