Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-05-2003, 10:18 AM   #61
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycling Image

you're not supposed to wash them, after a while the dirt, grease and natural oil's form a wind proof water tight seal, now you'll have to start all over.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2003, 10:23 AM   #62
sarnali
Founding Member

And the problem with that would be???????
Old 03-05-2003, 10:33 AM   #63
sarnali
Founding Member

He rides a GSX1100G, and he owns a Thompson, God knows what he'd do if cornered
Old 03-05-2003, 12:41 PM   #64
seruzawa
The Toad

Actually Buz is too busy trying to run down a surplus T-72 and a bazooka so he can attack Australia.

Check back in a few days.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:24 PM   #65
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Problem? Did I say it was a problem? I'm of Italian blood so wine, clothes and butt pinching are rather instinctual. Is that a word?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 01:25 PM   #66
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I'm staring at it right now in the garage.

Free Olivia Newton-John!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 02:10 PM   #67
saaz
Registered Member

Image matters in most areas of life, so why would it be any different in motorcycles? I read a recent 600 sports bike comparo of the most recent weapons (including the Duke 749). personal preferences and looks placed a big part in "the winner". The GSXR600 was at least as functionally as good on track and road as the latest and greatest bikes, but it looked dated and did not have the trick looking bits.

This is not to say that for racing the newer bikes may have more ultimate potential.

If new image was not relevant, new sales of consumer goods would not look too healthy...

Luckily I have stayed with my 78 GS1000 since 1980. Every year it joins the list of all the outdated bikes. It still does all I need to enjoy riding. Perhaps I am just as bad by keeping the image of not having to changing my bike?
saaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 02:14 PM   #68
sarnali
Founding Member

Careful with the butt pinching talk you'll have ,,,,,,,,THE HIGHWAYMAN,,,,,,,,,frothing in his chaps
Old 03-05-2003, 02:22 PM   #69
sarnali
Founding Member

Hey, speaking of fat accountants, I just heard a good joke; If a lawyer and an IRS accountant were drowning, would you read the paper before or after you got a latte`?? ha-ha-ha-ha-ha
Old 03-05-2003, 02:39 PM   #70
rossbiker
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Leather

Yes, that accident was unavoidable. In that accident, the clothes wouldn't have made the slightest difference. Can you, from my example and from other sources you may have read, make the leap that there will be accidents which are 1) unavoidable and 2) are not so severe that helmet and suit won't protect from most injury?

As for "help[ing] at all", it certainly shifts the odds in my favor. If I happen to lowside the bike for some reason I can't avoid, the suit, gloves, boots and helmet ought to reduce my injuries. If there is a sustained skid, the injuries are reduced from skin grafts and months of physical therapy to a hot seat.

As for your assertion about what I will and will not do, I won't ride without the Aerostitch or the helmet. I will use hiking boots instead of the touring boots until I can manage to break those bastards in. I haven't yet bought good gloves, so eh...

Also, I don't own a car. I have one motorcycle and that's it. If I don't ride, I'm walking. Which I have done and will do in the future. It's only about 4 miles to work. When I sent the Aerostitch back for some work, I'll be walking or riding a bicycle for about a week.

Regards,

Ross
rossbiker is offline   Reply With Quote