Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-05-2003, 03:53 AM   #41
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycling Image

I wonder how much of a reward I could get for turning Seruzawa Koresh here over to the Thought Police?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2003, 03:59 AM   #42
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Sportbikers are not "different"; they are "special."

You know "Special" like how the Olympics are "Special."
Old 03-05-2003, 04:08 AM   #43
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default New Ride

Well, I got a 883. Then I traded for a Road King. Which was a great bike by any reasonable standard. Stone reliable, really really comfortable, et cetera. But not, ultimately, the bike for me.

I got a BMW R1150GS Adventure. Now, I can't (yet) use even half the capability of this bike, but I can't even describe how right this bike is for me in less than three pages. Anyway, every BMW dealership I've ever been into offers and encourages test rides. If you want to stay "sporty" and "naked" try the Roadster. Great review on this site. Really good bikes. Good luck.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:44 AM   #44
Closet_Bad_Ass
Founding Member

I'll admit to commenting about the ugliness of the GSX-R.

I would go no faster (even though I probably could) on it than I would on my current bike...a 1982 Honda CB750...in brown trim. The chrome is all pitted. There's a dent in the fuel tank from my brother letting my aunt take it for a ride...I mean spill. (She pulled a George of the Jungle - right into a tree at about 15 mph.) I hate my bike even though it performs as well as it is supposed to perform. So, I'm not embarrased to admit that my next bike will be a looker. The aesthetics of the bike is going to be more important to me than most everything except price. (It's probably hard to believe, but my Honda was not expensive when I bought it a year ago as my first bike purchase.)

What's my point? I don't know. I just felt like admitting that I want a bike that looks nice. And, looks like it could go fast...if someone else owned it.
Closet_Bad_Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 05:41 AM   #45
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You could even use the Janet Reno logic, "we thought he might be endangering the children in there, so we burned the place down."
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 05:47 AM   #46
Buzglyd
Founding Member

One suggestion would be to buy the bike you really want instead of picking some arbitrary item like "resale value." That is one of the worst reasons to purchase a given motorcycle.

If it makes you go out in the garage and look at it four times during the evening news then who cares what it costs? Ride the crap out of it and try not to care what it will be worth when you're done with it.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 06:12 AM   #47
rossbiker
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Leather

I amazed that you've convinced the rest of the world to never crash into you!

I've been involved in two car accidents. Neither was my fault, though in retrospect, I could have avoided the second if I'd been on a motorcycle with my current riding skills.

The first accident I was involved in, I (car #1) was sitting at a red light, a second car was coming from the right, waiting for a gap in traffic to make a left turn from the middle of the intersection. A third car came through the intersection from the right, clipped car #2, and pushed him into oncoming traffic where car #4, coming from the left, collided with him and then ran into me.

This whole sequence took about a second from the first impact to the collision with me. Even in retrospect, there was absolutely nothing I could have done to avoid it. On a motorcycle, I would have been toast. I was simply in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

And that's why the saying is what it is. To a large extent, you can control yourself and your machine, but chance is out to get you and at some point, no matter how good you are, probability will fall the wrong way. Will you be wearing the clothes that may make a difference when that happens?

Regards,

Ross
rossbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 06:42 AM   #48
seruzawa
The Toad

No new bikes for you until you get that surplus T-72 and that bazooka.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:44 AM   #49
seruzawa
The Toad

No new bikes for you until you get that surplus T-72 and that bazooka.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:49 AM   #50
seruzawa
The Toad

You make too much sense.

You're no fun at all.