Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-03-2003, 09:05 PM   #61
dnakase
Founding Member

Default Re: Insulting Volvo SUV Ad

I've spotted a trend!

Tonight on CBS during CSI Maimi what do I see but a Mercedes Benz eluding a pack of silver R1s!!!! If that wasn't unrealistic enough, a helecopter and repelling SWAT types are thwarted also!

Cudos to the last squid on screen who pulls a most excelent stoppie!

With out getting too Fruadian, I think these cage drivers are actually suffering from 2wheeled envy!!!!
dnakase is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2003, 09:45 PM   #62
crc51
Founding Member

I totally agree with your comments. I always believed - hoped - that this PC BS did not exist with motorcyclists. Come on people it's just a commercial and a Volvo one on top of it.

Maybe Volvo drivers will now take notice and look out for "crazy irresponsible bikers"

I see that type of riding virtually every week-end here in Southern California and not just from sport bike riders. And that will never change.

Just ride aware and stop whining.

crc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 09:53 PM   #63
Grappelli
Registered Member

In the UK if a car pulls out 10 feet in front of you and you t-bone it, it's called "Being Volvo'ed". Funnily enough I found out recently that it's called the same thing in Australia.
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:03 PM   #64
Grappelli
Registered Member

The question is: Was the biker wearing a black visor? Because if he was, he must be a threat to the very nature of society. A anarchist attempting to steal gold no less.

Damn. I been inving in LA too long.
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:49 PM   #65
JohnGeisz
Founding Member

Only on weekends though... 'cause being a carpenter and all, he'd be driving a 78 Datsun Pickup with blue smoke trailing behind and a "Bite-Me EPA" bumper sticker on the back.
JohnGeisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 11:03 PM   #66
JohnGeisz
Founding Member

Default Boycott Acura, too.

I see far more commercials showcasing cars' handling prowess, which is okay, but they're always ON WET PAVEMENT!

(They actually use water trucks to wet the pavement so the cars look better, it's a light thing.)

Doesn't this send the message to Spanky that he can rail his Acura or Infinity through a blind curve on a wet road, when this type of behavior could easily cause him to lose adhesion, cross the center line and kill you or me?

I'm calling my lawyer, oh wait, nevermind...

BTW. I have way more trouble with mini-vans and 30 year old, oil-dripping bombers than SUVs anyway.

And Jettas, c'mon! Does VW vehicle literature encourage the owners of these cars to try to race people on sport bikes? Sheesh! Just pull over Mario, you're scaring me!

I haven't had much trouble with Volvos. I'd better go find one and help 'em test their stability control.

JohnGeisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 07:01 AM   #67
dwr461
Founding Member

Sorry to take so long to respond but I had to wait for the flying monkeys to release my soul again. (or maybe that was the LSD talking who can tell anymore?) You're right what was I thinking? The general public is a bunch of idiots. They must be taken care of by the government. They cannot be trusted to make their own retirement decisions, health care decisions, and must never be allowed to fail. Because we all know that they will fail at everything they do. Therefore they require constant governmental support and intervention. Big Brother ...er .. I mean the kind federal, state, and local dovernments must help them get along and survive day-to-day life as they are a complete bunch of morons. Thank God, we have waco... err.... kind and well-intentioned quasi-political organizations to help those of us with special interests determine a meaningful opinion. Together with Big Government they help keep the public from drooling all over each other in the Walmarts of America.

Take care,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 01:27 PM   #68
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I'm neither middle-aged nor fat so the long ponytail wig did the trick.

I've ridden the Road Glide and liked it except for the fact that the windshield is so far away from you it creates quite a bit of buffeting. You can cure it with a really tall windshield but then you're looking through it instead of over it. That's one reason I went with the Geezer-Glide in addition to liking the old-timey looks of it better.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 04:12 PM   #69
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Default Organ Donor Law

Longride,

What did happen with that? I never heard.

luvmyvfr
luvmyvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 04:21 PM   #70
Agent0090
Founding Member

Default Re: Are you for real, twinkle toes?

Umm, yeah. That was a joke. Sorry I lost you on that one.
Agent0090 is offline   Reply With Quote