Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-03-2003, 08:26 AM   #41
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Insulting Volvo SUV Ad

What about a boulder, deer, dog, falling limb or any other natural occurance instead of a malicious biker?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2003, 09:08 AM   #42
xman5
Founding Member

Well I drive a Volvo AND I'm a motorcyclist. I sent them a nasty note about the ad and mentioned that my wife and I have been Volvo owners for some time (though we certainly don't drive like most of the MO crew seems to think Volvo owners drive!) and we had been thinking of buying a new Volvo but are now reconsidering based on that ad.

My wife pointed the ad out to me - she's a motorcyclist as well, not "just" a pillion. Like most here I was pretty shocked and surprised. They should have shown the soccer Mom in the mini van chatting merrily away on her cell phone while she swerves over the center line into oncoming traffic. THOSE folks are the real way to test your safety features!

Xris
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 09:26 AM   #43
SpongeBOB
Founding Member

boycott Swedish pump! seriously its not mine...

oh, I meant Volvo
SpongeBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 09:45 AM   #44
Betamax
Founding Member

Default I feel so victimized...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel violated. I feel like Volvo took their new anti-roll system and rammed it right up my tailpipe, without even buying me dinner first.

I intend to start a class-action suit against Volvo---right after I win my current suits against Ben and Jerry for making me fat, and against my chaps manufacturer for making me look like a member of the Village People.

If you'd like to participate in the Volvo class-action suit, please send email describing your mental anguish, reduced sex drive, and irregular bowel movements to:

victims@whiner.com

Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:29 AM   #45
BadCop
Founding Member

Lexus already beat them to the punch by demonstrating the RX300 avoiding falling water jugs.
BadCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:37 AM   #46
jim2023
Founding Member

Get a freakin' life. You guys have too much free time on your hands. I ride my bike like that alot and am gald Volvo owners can now miss me. Also Jesus would ride a V twin cruiser with mellow pipes. Long hair, beard and all......
jim2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:42 AM   #47
jim2023
Founding Member

Oh and PS I refuse to buy anymore of that Swedish Fish candy. That'll fix 'em...however I will continue to make love to as many beautiful Swedish women as I can ( I travel alot in Europe) I just won't let them finish! Hah and double Hah!
jim2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:52 AM   #48
BadCop
Founding Member

Default Re: I feel so victimized...

In the words of my favorite victim:

"Wha, wha, why ka, ka, ca, can't we all jest git along?"

Seriously folks, your energy would be better spent railing against the aforemention idiot squids at your local roadhouse instead of ogling at their latest go-fast toys. Dealing with the core of the problem instead of whining about your sensibilities being ruffled is in my humble non-politically correct opinion the way to go. Just ask President Bush.
BadCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 11:25 AM   #49
Gordy
Registered Member

BMW used a bicycle.

GMC (or Chevy) had all kinds of crap hitting the road in front of the plucky SUV driver. Apparently SUV drivers worry a lot about hitting things in the road, as you don't see ads like these for sports cars, which could do a much better job of evasion.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 11:38 AM   #50
waepoint
Founding Member

You're supposed to let them finish?
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote