Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-03-2003, 06:11 AM   #21
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Insulting Volvo SUV Ad

the new S60 is a pretty sharp car, and the XC70 wagon would work if I had $40 grand to waste, I try to separate the product from the corporate pinhead's, and ad agencey's are so out of touch with any semblence of reality that they don't even factor in, most of the soccer mom's around here traded their volvo's for exploders and durango's anyway.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2003, 06:15 AM   #22
red916
Founding Member

It's just a stupid TV commercial. There's way too much crap going on elsewhere to direct any energy at this. Besides, I think the Buell looks kinda cool taking his own evasive action.
red916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 06:15 AM   #23
sarnali
Founding Member

follow the evasive action by the vehical rolling over and demonstrating the "saftey cage" construction.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 06:28 AM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member

That's why I never ride up Palomar. The last thing I want is to get knocked into the weeds by a squid who's overcooked the corner.

The Vegetarian place at the top is kind of tasty though.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:06 AM   #25
pbx
Founding Member

Default It's all about the irony...

...and it's an irony one can't expect Volvo themselves to perceive.
pbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:06 AM   #26
Buzglyd
Founding Member

There goes the damn coffee out of my nose again.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:38 AM   #27
adaleb
Registered Member

What kind of Motorcycle is it?
adaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 08:23 AM   #28
Anton_1
Founding Member

I hate to say it, but the world thinks of us as a bunch of mindless a**holes looking to pass everthing in sight regardless of oncoming traffic, double-yellow lines and safety in general. Why? Because some of us are mindless a**holes looking to pass everthing in sight regardless of oncoming traffic, double-yellow lines and safety in general.

Most SUV drivers are sane, reasonable people with no intention of running anyone off the road. It is the small percentage of idiots that makes the rest look bad.

Most motorcyclists are sane, reasonable people with no intention of running anyone off the road. It is the small percentage of idiots that makes the rest look bad.

If we want to be accepted and respected by the cage driving public it helps to show a little class. Be respectful in traffic, save your racing for an abandoned back road. Loud pipes are fine, just leave the throttle closed in residential areas.

The same goes for all the Suburban and Hummer drivers out there. Just because you have a chrome grill gaurd doesn't me you have to use it on your daily commute, save that for the whitetails.

Anton_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 08:26 AM   #29
nweaver
Founding Member

Default If ONE life is saved, so be it...

There are a lot of volvos around here. There are also a lot of truely loony motorcyclists on the roads, doing passing on blind curves and all sorts of other crap.

If just ONE life is saved because some SUVite bought the volvo instead of some Exploder or something, and therefore succesfully swerved to avoid an accident with a SquidBoy screamin round the backroads, thats a good thing.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 08:39 AM   #30
tumbler
Founding Member

Ducati Monster I think.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote