Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   Insulting Volvo SUV Ad (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/1678-insulting-volvo-suv-ad.html)

sarnali 03-03-2003 05:11 AM

Re: Insulting Volvo SUV Ad

the new S60 is a pretty sharp car, and the XC70 wagon would work if I had $40 grand to waste, I try to separate the product from the corporate pinhead's, and ad agencey's are so out of touch with any semblence of reality that they don't even factor in, most of the soccer mom's around here traded their volvo's for exploders and durango's anyway.

red916 03-03-2003 05:15 AM

It's just a stupid TV commercial. There's way too much crap going on elsewhere to direct any energy at this. Besides, I think the Buell looks kinda cool taking his own evasive action.

sarnali 03-03-2003 05:15 AM

follow the evasive action by the vehical rolling over and demonstrating the "saftey cage" construction.

Buzglyd 03-03-2003 05:28 AM

That's why I never ride up Palomar. The last thing I want is to get knocked into the weeds by a squid who's overcooked the corner.

The Vegetarian place at the top is kind of tasty though.

pbx 03-03-2003 06:06 AM

It's all about the irony...

...and it's an irony one can't expect Volvo themselves to perceive.

Buzglyd 03-03-2003 06:06 AM

There goes the damn coffee out of my nose again.

adaleb 03-03-2003 06:38 AM

What kind of Motorcycle is it?

Anton_1 03-03-2003 07:23 AM

I hate to say it, but the world thinks of us as a bunch of mindless a**holes looking to pass everthing in sight regardless of oncoming traffic, double-yellow lines and safety in general. Why? Because some of us are mindless a**holes looking to pass everthing in sight regardless of oncoming traffic, double-yellow lines and safety in general.

Most SUV drivers are sane, reasonable people with no intention of running anyone off the road. It is the small percentage of idiots that makes the rest look bad.

Most motorcyclists are sane, reasonable people with no intention of running anyone off the road. It is the small percentage of idiots that makes the rest look bad.

If we want to be accepted and respected by the cage driving public it helps to show a little class. Be respectful in traffic, save your racing for an abandoned back road. Loud pipes are fine, just leave the throttle closed in residential areas.

The same goes for all the Suburban and Hummer drivers out there. Just because you have a chrome grill gaurd doesn't me you have to use it on your daily commute, save that for the whitetails.

nweaver 03-03-2003 07:26 AM

If ONE life is saved, so be it...

There are a lot of volvos around here. There are also a lot of truely loony motorcyclists on the roads, doing passing on blind curves and all sorts of other crap.

If just ONE life is saved because some SUVite bought the volvo instead of some Exploder or something, and therefore succesfully swerved to avoid an accident with a SquidBoy screamin round the backroads, thats a good thing.

tumbler 03-03-2003 07:39 AM

Ducati Monster I think.