Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 12-04-2000, 07:57 AM   #1
torresmr
Founding Member

Default Re: Draggin' Jeans Reader Feedback

I agree with you. First of all I donÂ’t understand who people can go riding into the highway without helmets. I donÂ’t know about them, but I only have one head, and I want to keep it intact for as long as I can. Plus, I honestly think that on the highway is more comfortable to wear one. I donÂ’t want to have one of my cheeks to be "drill" by a bug...

About the rest of the gear, I agree that the leathers are annoying to deal with on regular bases. But for commuting those jeans, a jacket, gloves and a good helmet should be a must.

I have only one wish, and that is that the jeans instead of having Kevlar reinforcements, were made entirely of it. IÂ’ve seen clothes made entirely of Kevlar and you could never tell they are not a normal piece of clothing.

If anybody knows of any other clothing brand making similar products, IÂ’ll appreciate if you could let me know.

M.

torresmr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2000, 08:15 AM   #2
blip
Founding Member

Once you login, you shouldn't have to do it again,

unless you've got cookies turned off, or move to another machine.

Also, you can change your password, we just e-mail you a randomly generated one to the e-mail account

you used to register for security reasons. Don't want someone spoofing as you.

We don't have a problem with anonymous posting per se, I personally don't like anonymous flameheads, I think the detachment Anonymous Squids have makes

people extremely rude, and often vulgar and stupid. Thus, if you remember our old BBSes, you had to be logged in in order to post. Now, we all can moderate doofus' down to where no one sees them unless your threshold is -1...
blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2000, 08:37 AM   #3
torresmr
Founding Member

Where are the Giali jeans sold...?

Thanks,

M.
Old 12-04-2000, 08:47 AM   #4
Gabe
Registered Member

Default It's Just an Issue of Basic Impracticality.

If you only ride once or twice a week, or buy 4 pairs of draggin' jeans and wear them every day, (and don't get tired of wearing the same thing) I guess they're OK, but then, what about the lack of armor? If you wear armor underneath, then you have to change when you're at work or school or whatever.

Plus, that Kevlar/denim can be pretty hot in the summer. I think an aerostitch is the way to go, since it offers superior protection, versatility, and comfort.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2000, 10:04 AM   #5
philip
Founding Member

Default Re: Draggin'' Jeans Reader Feedback

Responsible Reader.

We certainly didn't try to make registration difficult, but we understand that it's one more hoop to jump through. The fact is that we need the information that we're asking for in order to compete against the print magazines for advertising dollars. While we put advertisers in front of more prospective buyers than our print counterparts, the ad agencies spend most of their budget with the print mags and television. For example, advertisers spend about $30 million in one print motorcycle magazine alone and their readers (maybe you) spend another $9 million in subscription and newstand purchases. We're lucky if those same advertisers spend 2 percent of that online and our readers provide no monetary support. We've launched E-commerce and it is off to a good start, but we need to be able to target advertisers with key demographic information. We don't sell your information, but we do need you to register.

In the future, we will be providing our premium features like videos (very expensive on bandwidth) and some new features currently being developed, only to registered readers. In the end, all magazines, whether in print or online rely on a combination of advertising, subscription and commerce revenues to survive. We need your support and in turn will give you more of what you want, quality and timely editorial on the motorcycles and products that you tell us that you have an interest. Thanks
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2000, 11:10 AM   #6
torresmr
Founding Member

Thanks...

M.
Old 12-04-2000, 02:06 PM   #7
caderider
Registered Member

Do they make them in a 56" waist? I gots a big butt... Good thing I ride a full dresser
Old 12-04-2000, 03:41 PM   #8
floundericiousFL
Founding Member

whenever I read an article by minime I get this mental image of George W.!

I don't know why.....hmmm....maybe a slight resemblance?
floundericiousFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2000, 11:03 PM   #9
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: Aerostitch is OK in an accident

I think he meant the Draggin' Jeans... And from what I've been hearing about it, I agree with him.
Old 12-05-2000, 01:46 PM   #10
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Re: Aerostitch is OK in an accident

OOps!

I meant that the draggin jeans don't. The 'stitch does. Should have been more clear.

I wasn't unscathed, though- I forgot to put on my back protector, and have two compressed vertebrae. Ouch. Although the doctors say that the back protector wouldn't have prevented a compression fracture, but it couldn't have hurt.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote