Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 12-06-2000, 05:53 AM   #11
MotorcycleMan
Founding Member

Default Re: Draggin' Jeans Reader Feedback

Hmm. I've been riding daily in city traffic for almost 9 years (about 10,000 miles a year), and I've never had an accident.

If you insist on wearing full leathers because you keep crashing "in several accidents", maybe it is YOU who are the moron?

Be smart, stay off that bike you obviously can't ride worth and get a nice safe Volvo...

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2000, 05:56 AM   #12
MotorcycleMan
Founding Member

Default Re: Draggin' Jeans Reader Feedback

Christ, this posting software neutered my post!

What I wrote was:

"Be smart, stay off that bike you obviously can't ride worth sh1t and get a nice safe Volvo..."

Old 12-06-2000, 08:13 AM   #13
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: 3 minutes

I believe the expression is "from across the pond", but I hear what you're saying.

Just check out some of the MC gear made or designed in the UK. I bought a Belstaff Pro Toura jacket and like it a lot. It is certainly lighter than my leather and cooler on hot days. It is pretty good in cold weather (full sleave lining) and in the wet (water resistant lining). But when it comes to a really hot day, it sure is lacking in ventilation. The only vents are two small ones on the back, just above the waist. Good for letting hot air out. But without any vents in the front to circulate the air, I usually ride with it zipped down partially and the colar open. Less protective that way, but better than passing out from heat stroke.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2000, 10:01 AM   #14
torresmr
Founding Member

Default Re: Where to get Giali Jeans

Thanks...
torresmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2000, 08:37 AM   #15
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Draggin'' Jeans Reader Feedback

Just like OH where they revoked the helmet law right around the same time they passed the seatbelt law.

Of course everybody needs to realize, the main reason most states passed the seatbelt laws when they did, was to avoid losing federal highway tax money (which the fed gov threatened to do). I don't think I want them to do the same thing now with helmet laws. Nor do I want all states to pass helmet laws. I don't care if there's a law or not, I always wear a helmet (and my seatbelt in cars).
Old 12-07-2000, 08:39 AM   #16
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Draggin' USES DISCARDED KEVLAR

Why don't you provide some thread of credibility to such a story. Where did you hear this, who is your source.

Give them something to go on so they have a good reason to investigate. I mean, they fall for hoaxes very easily, so what's to stop....

Oh wait, maybe that's your plan.