Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 02-14-2003, 07:14 PM   #61
wade_rivenbark
Founding Member

Default Re: Brand Loyalty

well i think i would just keep what i currently have in the garage. An 03 valkyrie. What is more realiable than a 1520 f6 engine? As smooth butter and plenty fast (12.2 quarter mile) With hard bags and a windshield i could tour the country. Great everyday ride I might add. And if you never tried one , don't knock it's ability in the twisties. Just a great all around bike.
wade_rivenbark is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2003, 08:34 PM   #62
sarnali
Founding Member

Just think, If that set-up will let a bagger get out of its own way, what would it do for an fxdx that weighs 100 lbs less, and has decent frame geometry and suspension? My bro-in-law has an 93' evo fxr with progressive fork kit/shocks, braided brakelines, PM calipers and chain drive conversion, RUB's look down their noses at "only a superglide" till he dissapears over the horizon, it'll give my bandit a good run till we hit escape velocity
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 09:11 PM   #63
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Bob's Picks

Bob, has it has occurred to you that the times that you were disagreeing with me were most likely the times that you were agreeing with KPaul? VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 01:17 AM   #64
Pacer
Founding Member

Aprilia RSV Mille R!!! I am only 27, so I would be 47 when the time was up. It would be like owning a classic car at that point. I also think that it would be safe to say the bike would still be better than me. By the way I have never ridden an Aprilia, but I have yet to hear anything bad about them.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 04:39 AM   #65
Buzglyd
Founding Member

100 lbs? More like 225. Don Canet tested a 103" Dyna in Cycle World a year ago and said it launched harder than any bike he's ever tested including Busa's and the like.

Don't sell a bagger short on a curvy road. The FLs are pretty quick steering due to the inverted steering head design and on my '03 the front fork is a cartridge-type. It just weighs a lot so you must give it some respect when changing directions quickly.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 05:05 AM   #66
HoundDawg
Founding Member

Harley is "built" in America but it's far from completely American "made". If you want a Harley just hope Japan keeps supplying them with parts.
HoundDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 05:12 AM   #67
HoundDawg
Founding Member

Default Re: I'm with you!

I bought my BMW GS last spring. Why didn't I get a Strom. Because three closer dealers weren't buying any, and one was only getting one. That dealer told me that Suzuki was only sending 1.25 bikes per dealer to the US. When I talked to Suzuki at the CW bike show they hadno accessories for it and said that they were expecting the aftermarket to provide bags. Sounded like the Strom was already an abandoned bike bound to suffer the same short life of the other Suzuki TL engined bikes.
HoundDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 05:59 AM   #68
rsheidler
Founding Member

Guess you just have to buy a couple extras (last I heard, there still were a bunch in the warehouse, but now that one of the Ducati family has bought Bimota from the bankrupcy trustee, that status may have changed) to keep as parts bikes.

Or cultivate a close relationship with a good machinist.

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 06:06 AM   #69
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Bob's Picks

Now that is a cheap shot LOL

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 07:09 AM   #70
pplassm
Founding Member

Those are ridiculous conditions. Not enough versatility. (Don't tell my wife of 20 years).

What bike can handle gnarly enduro terrain in a race and still cruise at 80 down the highway for hours?

FWIW, I have a bike I've owned for almost 20 years, my old faithful modified SR500.

Pete P.