Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   Be a Motorcycle Tycoon (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/1615-motorcycle-tycoon.html)

longride 02-12-2003 05:48 AM

Re: knock-offs?

So in short, it's a Chinese imitation of a Russian copy of a German design?

seruzawa 02-12-2003 06:22 AM

Yikes!

seruzawa 02-12-2003 06:23 AM

Heck, Briggs and Stratton are cutting edge compared to these guys.

captainwhoopass 02-12-2003 06:26 AM

Re: Be a Motorcycle Tycoon

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!!! Best post today, for shizzle.

bigjames 02-12-2003 06:30 AM

The local honkawsuxyamuki dealer (I am serious, they sell ALL the Japanese brands) carries these things. Look a lot like their Honda counterparts, but much cheaper. Fit and finish are great, for the third world. They even sell spare engines, helmets and Chinese Herbal stuff....

Would I own one, uh, no. But I think my big ass on a 250 might be illegal motorcycle abuse! The 3 wheelers are interesting though, we have nothing like them here! I especially like the YL100ZKF..... Gotta look now, don't you......

captainwhoopass 02-12-2003 06:32 AM

Some of these Chinese manufacturers, like Sundiro, (actually owned by Honda) and are licensed by Japanese manufacturers to make bikes in China. There's been a ton of these that have started selling bikes here, and a lot of them are blatantly illegal copies of existing Japanese designs. I would expect these companies to be a serious threat if they can make their own designs; they can make bikes much cheaper than the Japanese can.

allbikesbiker 02-12-2003 06:45 AM

If their bikes are as good as their website AND their english translation, I'll buy one of each!

Geez, what is this world coming to.

I'm sure their 'owners manual' is a tri-fold pamphlet that looks photo copied and comes with a bogus address on the back, AND if you call the company....

the same person answers the phone every time!

allbikesbiker 02-12-2003 06:54 AM

check out the HELMET page.

they've got to be kidding. (btw I didn't make it CAPS, they did!)

quote from the 'motorcycle helmet page'

"ALL KINDS OF PRODUCTS ARE MADE OF FIRST CLASS MATERIAL AND WITH HIGH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY, WHOSE SHELL IS MADE OF ABS RESIN, WHOSE FACESHIELD IS MADE OF PC MATERIAL, AND WHOSE SURFACE IS COATED WITH SPECIAL PAINT. THE RIDERS CAN GET THE FEEDING OF WEARING COMFORTABLY AND USING CONVENIENTLY. BECAUSE OF THESE CHARACTERISTICES,THE PRODUCTS HAVE BEEN APPOINTED AS ARTICLES FOR RACE USE BY POLICE DEPARTMENT AND CHINA MOTOR GENERAL COMPANY, AND HAVE WON THE PRIZE THE EXCELLENT NEW PRODUCT RECOMMENDED FOR CUSTOMERS IN THE SECOND FAMOUS SPECIAL AND NEW ARTICLES FOR SPORTS USE EXHIBITION.

DEPENDERS OF RIDER---"SEABIRD" HEIMETS.

WISH YOU GO ALL OVER THE WORLD AND SUCCEED IN LIFE ANDCAUSE.

ruminate on that!!!

longride 02-12-2003 07:03 AM

Re: check out the HELMET page.

Bad transration! They rerry need herp.

everiman 02-12-2003 07:48 AM

All right! It's 1959 all over again!