Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   The apocalypse deferred! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/1614-apocalypse-deferred.html)

fwalters 02-11-2003 05:40 PM

Re: The apocalypse deferred!

wooo hooo first post!!

The 60's had the bad Harley bikers and now Harleys are popular....

Maybe in 2030 sportbikes will be the rage for all the yuppies and wanna be folks....

Whatever...

nitrofly 02-11-2003 06:39 PM

longride 02-12-2003 04:01 AM

Combine a bad story line with Kid Rock, and the stage is set for failure. I haven't seen the movie, nor am I in any hurry to get out to see it. I figure cable will run a double laugh fest with "Stone Cold" and "Biker Boyz" soon. Can't Hollyweird come up with better?

electraglider_1997 02-12-2003 04:12 AM

I liked Stone Cold

Brian Bosworth wasn't half bad in it. I do get pretty sick of the bad biker stereotypes that everyone in Jollywood seems to perpetuate. Why not a biker flic that shows a group of bikers just traveling aimlessly around the U.S. helping folks. Come to think of it, every organized rally from Hollister, to Sturgis, to Americade helps all kinds of people in terms of strengthening local economies and everyone having a good time of it. I guess the ill-informed public likes to be titillated by badass biker rapes daughter and takes over town movies. Being frightened turns these turds on.

electraglider_1997 02-12-2003 04:14 AM

Stone Cold was ok but stereotypical

Brian Bosworth wasn't half bad in it. I do get pretty sick of the bad biker stereotypes that everyone in Jollywood seems to perpetuate. Why not a biker flic that shows a group of bikers just traveling aimlessly around the U.S. helping folks. Come to think of it, every organized rally from Hollister, to Sturgis, to Americade helps all kinds of people in terms of strengthening local economies and everyone having a good time of it. I guess the ill-informed public likes to be titillated by badass biker rapes daughter and takes over town movies. Being frightened turns these turds on.

longride 02-12-2003 04:55 AM

Re: Twin Peaks: Great Biker Show

I was a "Then Came Bronson" fan. Michael Parks and his do-it-all Harley Sportster. that was the best thing ever to come out of Tinsel Town for motorcycles.

Dynaguy 02-12-2003 05:11 AM

I admit it...I saw this piece of crap. The fact is that "Biker Boyz" could have been a good movie. The abilities of Lawrence Fishburne and Lisa Bonet were totally wasted. The attempt at a story line was just goofy. If the producers had just shown us some cool bikes and the real current sport bike trends, including the track as well as the street scene, this could have worked. Instead, it was awful, don't wait for video, stay away.

Gordy 02-12-2003 05:40 AM

Re: Stone Cold was ok but stereotypical

"Then came Bronson" Bronson was this guy that aimlessly rode his Sporty around helping the downtrodden.

rsheidler 02-12-2003 05:47 AM

Re: Twin Peaks: Great Biker Show

I have all the Twin Peaks episodes on vcr but haven't watched them for a few years. I had actually forgotten the HD angle. Maybe time to get them out again. Wonder if I can find it on DVD?

Was one of my favorite TV shows.

Bob

captainwhoopass 02-12-2003 06:24 AM

The real double slit-your-wrists fest would be "Biker Boyz" and "Harley-Davidson and the Marlboro Man".