Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 02-10-2003, 01:18 PM   #61
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Is this a Motorcycle?

OOPS
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2003, 01:27 PM   #62
sarnali
Founding Member

Thats right LR, oil-leaky-rattle-trap-enviromental-poopbomb-Harleys should be banned.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:43 PM   #63
sarnali
Founding Member

Not to be an anal-retentive nit picker, BUT they also had a three wheeler called a Reliant that was made up to the early '70's, it had two rear wheels and one front and I think it was powered by a small 2 stroke engine, I used to see them all over the place when I went to visit relatives back then, Not on the same level of desireability as a Morgan though, these were just dirt-cheap transpo. all the way, still kinda neat.
Old 02-10-2003, 02:14 PM   #64
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Amazing. I have made this exact argument to some of my "environmentally conscious" friends, and they always look at me like I just discovered how to make fire. I guess some (maybe most) people don't think far ahead enough to wonder where electrical power comes from. They just think that socket in the wall is supplied with electricity through magic.
Old 02-10-2003, 02:19 PM   #65
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

"What ended the last Ice Age? How much man-made pollution was there, when the last Ice Age ended? How about holes (and thin spots) in the ozone layer? They have been there, expanding and contracting, at least as long as man has been watching, just like the average temperature of the earth has fluctuated up and down for countless millennia. Hmmmm... Now tell me again about global warming."

Who are you to contradict the "creator" of the internet? You can't possibly know as much about global warming (or the lack thereof) as he does! He wrote a book about it!
Old 02-10-2003, 02:21 PM   #66
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: You make some great points about electric cars but what about the bumps..

"Especially when the odd volcano spews out more CO2 in a week than industrial society does in a year."

I've actually seen a statistic on this (yes, I know, a STATISTIC) by a non-enviro group, and the average volcano spews out more CO2 and CFCs than mankind has in its entire history.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:37 PM   #67
stonehog
Founding Member

Please back up your opinion. How can using electricity that is already being produced use more fuel? Most electric vehicles aren't going to require increased power output, as they are generally charged at night when power usage is at its low point. Using an electric vehicle actually just uses electricity that goes to waste in the current system. Also - gas stations use quite a lot of electricity - not necessary in an electric car economy. Playing devil's advocate here...
stonehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 03:51 PM   #68
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Reliant

They may have made them even later than that -- I am not sure about that.

Certainly not in the Morgan class -- but what is? Morgan is the company that makes Harley-Davidson seem cutting edge! Where but England could something so eccentric actually survive and even prosper?

Cheers

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 05:14 PM   #69
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Population reduction

Sense when, does income or education level seperate the worthy from the unworthy?
Old 02-10-2003, 07:59 PM   #70
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Lies, Damned Lies and Politicians