Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 02-10-2003, 10:31 AM   #51
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Is this a Motorcycle?

And one great advantage to a Morgan is that if you ever break the frame you can just whittle a new one out of an oak tree and save all that metal fabrication cost!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2003, 10:43 AM   #52
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

To be sure, I have my issues with John Ashcroft. He should issue a statement notifying the public that his office intends to forego enforcement of the Patriot Act. He shouldn't recognize federal laws regulating drugs, tobacco, or firearms until said laws are authorized by amending the Constitution in the proper fashion (and I don't think it should be.)

However, Janet Reno and her supervisor were wholly unconcerned about the law, constitutional or otherwise. They dictated policy according to their own personal whim (tempered by the lastest polls) attempting to play the part of philosopher-kings.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 11:46 AM   #53
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Population reduction

No. But when discussing population control be very careful. Who is the excess?

Old 02-10-2003, 12:31 PM   #54
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Another great advantage is the great big bonfire you can build from it, when you get stuck in the snow. My modern dilema... Morgan Aero 8 or Panoz Esperante?
Old 02-10-2003, 12:41 PM   #55
sarnali
Founding Member

Abe, as you know freedom of religion is also freedom from religon, I'm not interested in teaching my children your faith, if they choose that path when they're old enough to make a decision so be it, try explaining that to the endless stream of tub thumping wheezers that populate my doorstep. as for your affinity for quoting the founding fathers, they've been dead for 200 years, times change, they were commenting on realities that no longer exhist or have changed so much to be moot thats why the constitution was made to be flexible, you should bear that in mind.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 12:54 PM   #56
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: S.U.V. driving hippocrites....

I think hybrids are the answer also, a small single running a generator and an electric motor like Honda and Toyota use is the way development should go IMHO
Old 02-10-2003, 12:59 PM   #57
rsheidler
Founding Member

I haven't quite decided what to think about the Aero 8. I was prepared to hate it, but some recent pictures I saw make me rethink it. Still, I would rather have what appears to be a vintage machine that has reasonably modern mechanics vs vintage mechanics cloaked in (semi)modern skin. Morgan Plus 8 is still my wet dream.

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 01:09 PM   #58
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Population reduction

Who is the excess? Try uneducated third world families with 10 children and a yearly income of 50 dollars. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 01:16 PM   #59
sarnali
Founding Member

Yes it's true, the state doesn't require insurance, if you finance your bike the bank sure as hell requires it! In fact handing a cop your insurance card with your registration is a good way to get a warning instead of a tickit, I guess it shows your responsible even though you just got nailed for 85 in a 60. I've gotten warnings instead of tickits a few times doing that, plus I wear full leathers, keep my bike in exellent shape and say yes sir or mam to little ****s 1/2 my age. Anyway insurance isn't required, but your asking for trouble if you don't have at least liability.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:16 PM   #60
sarnali
Founding Member

Yes it's true, the state doesn't require insurance, if you finance your bike the bank sure as hell requires it! In fact handing a cop your insurance card with your registration is a good way to get a warning instead of a tickit, I guess it shows your responsible even though you just got nailed for 85 in a 60. I've gotten warnings instead of tickits a few times doing that, plus I wear full leathers, keep my bike in exellent shape and say yes sir or mam to little ****s 1/2 my age. Anyway insurance isn't required, but your asking for trouble if you don't have at least liability.