Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 02-10-2003, 02:17 AM   #21
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Who is Longride?

It's clear by your choice of motorcycles you don't know anything about riding.

An Electra Glide? What, do you like putting all the parts that were shed during your ride back on at night like a jigsaw puzzle? Apparently you were in the Navy once because swabbing up all those oil leaks on the deck has to be a chore!

A ZX-9? Name the last magazine shootout a ZX-9 has one! Anyone knows an R-1, Gixer, or even a CBR has better laptimes and better quarter mile numbers! Heck I bet a Ducati could beat a ZX-9.

A '76 Troublehead? I guess you really need something to do during those cold winters or you just want people to think you're tough or something.

Please..........
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2003, 03:32 AM   #22
Ken_Packard
Founding Member

Default Great Stuff

Nice post, LR. The news lately has been kick arse.

When you began posting news, I realized how much motorcycle related information is out there on a daily basis, and I have sincerely enjoyed reading your posts and the subsequent comments by MO members. I believe that they have helped me to become a more well-rounded motorcyclist, as I'm now learning about various topics that I hadn't previously considered. It has also helped me to appreciate then entire scope of our sport, where in the past, I had only considered specific areas of interest. I think we all tend to do this, so hopefully the new scope of information and discussions will help to open some minds and "get the word out" on the issues that effect us as whole.

I'm not ususally inclined to agree with KPaul, but I like his suggestion about including tips on general bike maintenance. Not all of us are mechanically inclined. I, for one, am capable of competently executing a given mechanical task, but I usually need someone to show me how to do it first. That's how I learn. I suspect that articles written with clear specifics on how to execute some routine maintenance tasks could be very helpful to some of the MO community who would like to do more of their own maintenance. I agree with your sentiments that there is a greater level of satisfaction (and peace of mind) that one can achieve by really knowing his bike and doing his own maintenance. However, for those who don't inherently know how to execute these procedures, it could wind up being down right dangerous.

As you are doing this for free, rather than taking a lot of your own time, maybe you could just post articles that already cover manitenance topics and you could simply scan them for content to make sure that they are accurate.

Thanks again for making MO a whole lot better.
Ken_Packard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 04:20 AM   #23
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh, the irony

You're still missing it.

Check the spelling of your buddy's screen name in your original post.

"c" what I mean yet?
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 04:33 AM   #24
xlr8r
Founding Member

Nice to know who you are, though in some ways it's better to guess than to know, and it doesn't make your postings any less interesting. The constant flame war between you, KPaul, Buzglyd and Seruzawa is what makes MO worth checking every day. It seems that Buzglyd is now taking up the role of provocateur (!) to you as you were for KPaul. Should be fun.

BTW, I'm so envious of your owning a 70's Superglide that I may just sulk and not post anything at all for a while...

Happy reading, riding, flaming and extinguishing!
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 04:43 AM   #25
Buzglyd
Founding Member

That would be atrocituer.

Actually longride and I are bro's and our "flame wars" are very tongue-in-cheek because we happen to agree on many things.

In fact, we both have Electra Glides among other motorcycles so we blast each other with oil-leaking, parts-spewing jokes.
Old 02-10-2003, 04:46 AM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

You forgot to let us know how many pair of armchaps you have. Do you have the lavendar ones?
Old 02-10-2003, 05:03 AM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I was hoping for at least a beefcake photo or two!
Old 02-10-2003, 05:32 AM   #28
dave_arkle
Founding Member

I actually was workin' w/ JB on doing the Q/A thing about a month ago, but suddenly I'm not getting replies to emails...is he still around?

Anyway, if LR can/wants to do the Q/A thing right on! In the interim...JB where are you???
Old 02-10-2003, 05:58 AM   #29
Ken_Packard
Founding Member

Default Where's the Bitter One?

I agree that it is awfully fishy that we haven't heard from JB in a while.

MO, what's the deal? We're big boys...if he went for a full itme paying gig, tell us. We can take it. This site is bigger than any one guy.

If he is around, I know what will ferret him out...HE GOT BACK TOGETHER WITH BOEHM AND IS DOING A SIDE GIG AT NATIONAL REVIEW!
Ken_Packard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 06:04 AM   #30
NoKneeDown
Founding Member

"...test some gear in the future."??? If they send a package labeled EZ-Leaker, back away and tell them to post their own damn news.
NoKneeDown is offline   Reply With Quote