Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 02-03-2003, 01:26 PM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Dr Hurt Bows to Pressure

Here was my letter to Senator Hurt verbatum:

"This is in regard to SENATE BILL 239. I do not live in your state, and probably never will. I DO feel this bill is the most misguided effort I have ever heard of. To feel you "own" somebody because you seem to think their way of dying wasn't appropriate, is the biggest joke I have ever heard of. How about harvesting the homeless and drug users? How about drunks that get killed in a motor vehicle? These people cost the states plenty, so their bodies can help make up for it. You stated to another in an e-mail to another, that your state spent 280 million on brain injuries. How many of those millions were unhelmeted bikers? Send me some documentation. Out to save that "one life" that is so precious to lawmakers. Yeah, right. I can think of hundreds of laws that will save that proverbial "one life" and certainly more than helmets. That would include banning smoking, drinking, unsafe sex, eating fatty foods, mandatory exercise, guns, knives, bicycles, motor vehicles, showers (baths only, no slipping and hitting head). Are we worried yet? I am. Let me state again that I don't live in New Mexico, a state which certainly spent 100 times more on illegal aliens than head injuries in the last 10 years. Maybe there are bigger fish to fry, and with greater results? Yes, bigger, but not easier you say. No PAC contributions from bikers anyway, right? Well this fish will fight you all the way. Motorcyclists may seem an easy target, but I am not. I will have no problem finding any way possible to get people like you out of office. Hopefully, someone can harvest your son, daughter, wife or mother for their own gain soon.

Signed, MO Nutcase Longride.(I signed my real name and address real big so he couldn't miss)

As you can see, I used my usual calm, cool style in addressing this scumbag. Only getting together and DOING SOMETHING will get these guys heads out of their butts. I'm proud of what some of us just did. Everyone that sat on the sidelines ought to wake up. Remember not to join the AMA for some petty BS reason. That way we can be subjected to more of these "geniuses" thinking.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2003, 02:18 PM   #22
jmeyn
Founding Member

I don't know whether Dr. Hurt read it, but you sure convinced me.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 02:28 PM   #23
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Don't know if he read it, but he did reply. It was "Thanks for taking the time to write". Glad to see more than me taking the time to write also.