Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-07-2003, 01:47 PM   #1
Pierre_TerBlanche
Founding Member

Default Re: Mr Leno your bike is ready

Love it - L-O-V-E it, and I want one. But even at $250k, I can't quite see the legal department, DOT and the EPA all getting together to allow this thing on the road.

And I'd really like to see how long the tires would last putting down 500 bhp.

And whether it goes 400 mph or only 300, that would be a challenge without a fairing.

I still want one.
Pierre_TerBlanche is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2003, 01:52 PM   #2
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Me too!

I wonder where I could mount the NOS bottle?
Old 01-07-2003, 02:02 PM   #3
rsheidler
Founding Member

Apparently they can't decide if top speed in 400 or 300 -- both figures are listed in different places. Either one is extremely fanciful. Given the expected drag coeficient (gotta be waaay worse than the Viper Coupe) and frontal area that is maybe 2/3 that of the Viper, I'd be surprised if this thing could crack 200 (not that that is anything to sneeze at). In any case, at $250,000, KPaul will complain about it's price/performance ratio.

This would raise the bar for power cruisers though. Pitty the poor ***** on a wimpy little V-Rod or VTX1800!

You are right that it does cry out for a nitrous bottle though!

When can we expect the first test?

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 02:10 PM   #4
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

WHY?
Old 01-07-2003, 02:56 PM   #5
everiman
Registered Member

Hell, Why not...
everiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 02:56 PM   #6
hondabill
Founding Member

Why not?
hondabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 02:58 PM   #7
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Power/Weight Ratios

The power to weight ratio is really not as impressive as it first seems. Per claimed figures, this is 500 hp and 1500 pounds. Both numbers sound pretty round, and power is certainly at the flywheel, as typically quoted for cars, rather than at the rear wheel. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, adding a 150 lb rider gives us 500hp/1650lbs = .30 hp/lb. By way of comparison, per Motorcyclist Magazine online data, a ZX12R has 162.7hp (at the rear wheel) and weighs 547. Adding the same 150lb rider gives us .23 hp/lb. If we could bump the Kwacker up to around 200hp, we would be in the range of the Tomahawk.

To make another comparison, current MotoGP bikes are believed to weigh around 330lb and produce over 220hp. With the same 150lb rider, this gives .45 hp/lb, half again that of the Tomahawk.

Yep, the Tomahawk DOES need the NOS!
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 03:30 PM   #8
gooseman_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Power/Weight Ratios

Interesting analysis Bob. Although its power/weight may not seem impressive, only its drag coefficient and its available power will determine its top speed.
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 03:37 PM   #9
staff
Registered Member

Default Orbit!

This thing is a highside waiting to happen!
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 03:46 PM   #10
tooslow
Founding Member

Buffeting aerodynamics

Give me break. This is a joke. Just pretend the bike could actually go that fast and the tires didn't fall apart, your head couldn't take the buffeting, your leathers would rip at the seams (in 1948, Rollie Free's leathers ripped apart at 147 mph - he ended up achieving 150 mph in a speedo which only stayed on due to the aerodynamics of his riding position), any exposed skin would immediately chafe, if you rode in the riding position shown you be subject to well over a thousand pounds for horizontal force and would be blown off the bike. Give me a break on the zero to sixty too. How fast is the Huba - 0-60 in 2.6 seconds? How about the GSX?

I'll concede that it is an amazing concept, and I love the attention that it gets, but the odds of a street-legal version that even remotely resembles this product ever being produced are zero. Dodge is full of c***. This is not a motorcycle. It is an exercise in art. It is a car with a narrow wheel-base and no body. But it is not a motorcycle that can be ridden to the limits of a rider's ability and enjoyed. It's a hot woman with no ability to give you any pleasure.

tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote