Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 12-10-2002, 05:24 AM   #71
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Not so fast Crash The real cost of Arab Oil

[*]First point: First the majority of SUV owners do not "Take five adults, one Saint Bernard, and a hundred pounds of gear on two cross-country trips and regular camping outings. " WSDOT study published in the Seattle times contradict your assertion support mine
[*]Second point: SUV's fit the bill. wrong what is wrong with a Minivan which gets 20-30% more mileage. They also have more usuable space.
[*] Third point America is for itself and only itself and the almighty buck. Speak for yourself. America is for equality, freedom, liberty and justice for all

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2002, 05:28 AM   #72
KPaulCook
Banned

Default What planet are you on itcmdr?

America only imports a little more than 10% of our oil. Wrong big time. Go check your facts.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:29 AM   #73
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Excellent point Dead Eye

Well said
Old 12-10-2002, 06:12 AM   #74
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Wrong

Just about any of the letters that Paul wrote......Romans for starters.....
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 06:26 AM   #75
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Buy a Bike: Stop Terrorism, Save the Planet, and Get Right with God

I sincerely hope that Vlad uses his bike as a primary means of transportation. I for one, use my motorcycle almost entirely for recreation, which is recreation that could done in any one of a million other non-fossil-fuel-burning ways. Therefore, my ownership of a motorcycle causes me to personally use MORE, not less, fuel. After I put the bike away I will still need to drive to work and the gocery store in my gas-guzzling Chevy-V8-powered Jeep Wrangler.

By the way, I am looking forward to a snowmobile trip later this month with several friends......we will probably be driving at least two, if not three or four seperate SUVs or full-size vehicles to get there, pulling trailers. We will then be assaulting the pristine landscape of Michigan's Upper Peninsula with our wholly inefficient sleds, getting about 8 or 10MPG on the average, spewing solids and unburned particulates into air from our dirty two-stroke motors. I can't wait. 2 Stroke Cold Smoke!!!!
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 06:29 AM   #76
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: It's obvious! Don't you guys read scripture.

Well, that settles it for me "Davids Triumph was heard throughout the land" I though Jesus would have rode an '01 1200S Bandit, you know a modest yet powerfull machine, not ostentatious or flashey, simple, steady and reliable but still able to show the heathen his tail pipe when needed for a practical demonstration of his all encompassing power, but I guess a speed triple would have the same effect, and he did warn about beast's from the east,,,,,So Triumph it is, another mystery from the dawn of time settled.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 06:47 AM   #77
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Not so fast Crash The real cost of Arab Oil

First point is whatever study Washington State does has no bearing on the other 49 states. So your assertion is certainly flawed to say the least.

Second, mini vans do not tow boats, cars or anything very well being most are front wheel drive. Also a 4 wheel SUV is better in the snow. So Florida people that tow boats and Wisconsin people can get through the snow. They can also carry as many as a mini van so it's like owning 2 vehicles in one. See how that works? SUV's are not all that different from pickup trucks. Nobody rags on Billy Bob for owning that 40 foot extended cab 4 wheel pickup.

Third, you are seriously misguided if you think that we get involved in wars for any of the above reasons. We do it to protect our lifestyles. How else can one small country on earth use 50% of the resources of said earth? Does that sound like justice for all or justice for us? If you really believe in feeedom, then you would get off the SUV owners and accept their CHOICE of transportation.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:52 AM   #78
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Buy a Bike: Stop Terrorism, Save the Planet, and Get Right with God

Ronnie's energy policy was actually quite sound, ie;1], Oil is a finite resourse,2], many countries have oil including us,3], Let's burn all their oil first, and save ours. The only current viable alternative to fossil fuels is nuclear energy, designed and operated to a single standard, instead of a dozen differant design's that we have now.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 07:11 AM   #79
Gabe
Registered Member

Default SUV's don't carry much anyway.

Really! A minivan is a better choice. They're safer for one thing, and can carry more in proportion to their size.

What's the load capacity of a Ford Exploder? 1100 pounds! What a joke! It's such an embarrasment to Ford that they wouldn't print it in the owner's manual! They tell you to instead take the stupid thing to a weigh station and make sure that you don't overload the vehicle GVWR!

1100 pounds is 183 pounds each person. That means that you are going to be leaving a few folks behind, as Americans are usually obese. Oh, and did you want to bring luggage too?

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 07:15 AM   #80
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Wrong

That is Paul -- no question how he felt about that -- but that doesn't convince me that Jesus taught that. Considering that the Gospels were written 70+ years after his death, at a time that the early Church, heavily influenced by Paul's teachings, was already fairly well established, the absense of any of Paul's views towards human sexuality being posthumously attributed to Jesus in the Gospels seems significant.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote