Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 12-13-2002, 04:47 PM   #131
hawkrider
Founding Member

Default Re: Buy a Bike: Stop Terrorism, Save the Planet, and Get Right with God

Sarnali

Well said!
hawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2002, 07:00 PM   #132
grover750
Founding Member

I'm optimistic the SUV fad will end, too, I'm just trying to end it a bit quicker.

And yes, I've got a '78 GL1000, a '77 CB750F, a '69 (project) and '70 (parts) CB750K, a '76 XL70, and a '97 CR250. Looking for a '00 VFR. I suppose I should get some '80's honda too, then, if I had my VFR, I'd have 5 decades of red in my garage. Maybe an '83 V65 Magna, then I'd have a cruiser, a dresser, a sportbike, a dirtbike, a pit bike, a standard, and a classic. And a wife that would have to park outside.
grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 11:53 AM   #133
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Wrong

The old testament had numerous references to the moral code we were supposed to adhere to (as well as numerous references to people breaking it as well.) Jesus never refuted any of these. Furthermore, he was taken to task by the religious leaders of the time for spending his time with sinners such as prostitutes and tax collectors. He admitted as much, saying "it is not the healthy in need of the doctor, but the sick." This implies that, at the very least, prostitution and promiscuity were wrong, in the eyes of Jesus. If you can find any justifications for believing that Jesus would be OK with a sex outside of marriage, or public nudity, homosexuality, etc......by all means share them.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 03:55 PM   #134
desertroad
Founding Member

Can't agree more. Why one afternoon, while at a local HD shop, I peered over at the BMW lot next door. There it was: a brand, spanking new BMW SUV. It wasn't its looks that got my attention. It was the sticker on the window that announced a whopping 9 mpg. Boy, I should get me one of those so that everyone will know that, hey, I can afford to pay for MY GAS.

I guess we Americans won't ever get it right when it comes to our Freedom of the Automobile. Me? I just bought a trailer to hook up to my Roadstar: so what if my mpg goes down to 35. I can afford to pay for my gas...
desertroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 01:48 PM   #135
MoeMoe
Founding Member

Amen Mr. Clark!
MoeMoe is offline   Reply With Quote