Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 11-21-2002, 05:16 AM   #51
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: You are incorrect sir

I didn't mean that HD would continue to sell over MSRP or retain the huge demand. But they will continue to sell lots of bikes to GenXers. First a few GenXers will get some Hogs. Then the GenX sportbikers will notice that all the babes are hanging around the Harley guys. Then more GenXers will buy HDs. Eventually KPaul will be all alone on his Ninja in his sandals and T-shirt.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2002, 09:54 AM   #52
mconlon
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki GSX1400; The Hemi 'Cuda of Motorcycles and the injustice concerning it

No, no, no, you get me wrong---Suzuki saw the market and capitalized on it in a big way with a great bike at an incredibly good price. Good for them. But Honda will never, ever bring another sporting standard mid-weight v-twin to the USA after the beating they suffered with the Hawk, which was underpowered and overpriced compared to other bikes of the time.

Hawk=sales flop for Honda, thus no mid-weight v-twin standard from Honda now, in spite of the success of the SV (hack, spit).

Zephyr 1100=sales flop for Suzuki, thus no big-block I4 retro-bike from Suzuki in spite of the success of the ZRX (or the Bandit, for that matter).

Personally, I hope Honda is choking every time they see the success of the SV (hack, spit), where they were 10 years ahead of their time with the Hawk, yet refuse to produce a modern version.
mconlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 05:21 PM   #53
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Dream on ShortHop and SeraSuzy

You guys need to get out more. Suzy you need to hit the U district and then a little Redmond action. ShortHop go over to Northwestern and check out the Sport Bikes. The Harey guys just keep geeting older. I think the next big thing for the botherhood will be Harley Trike conversions and Harley Side Cars cause the brother balance will get a little bad when they get older he he
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 06:26 PM   #54
JohnnyBandito
Founding Member

Default bring on the 400's

I'm with you on that one. I have a 92 Bandit 400 and just love wringing that thing out. My friends on their r6's, R1's, and Hayabusas never have as much fun - I scream to 14 thou in the first 3 gears and I'm doing 140km/h. If they do the same, they're doing 230km/h and are risking their license. Plus, I rolled the thing onto the truck scales on one of our highways and it weighed 380lbs - with half a tank of gas! 55hp with that weight is still a pretty good time. I was teaching in Korea and they get some of those sweet 400's that we never see - the VFR400 with the single-sided swingarm, the CBR400RR, the ZX-4, the GSXR400. If 600's are making 100+hp and weighing 400 wet, I don't see why a 400 couldn't make 75 while pulling around about 360lbs. Sounds nice and nasty. Come on North America - bring on the little guys.
JohnnyBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 04:00 AM   #55
Alaskan18724
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki GSX1400; The Hemi 'Cuda of Motorcycles and the injustice concerning it

Yep.
Alaskan18724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 07:44 AM   #56
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: In the vain defense of LBS...

I stand corrected.