Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

View Poll Results: Wheelies are:
Decadent 30 2.93%
Assinine 124 12.12%
Cooler than Naked Ladies and things that go Brrr 77 7.53%
A healthy part of a balanced relationship 183 17.89%
Not interesting at all 54 5.28%
Better than reading about the Highwayman 72 7.04%
Something you wish you could do better 446 43.60%
37 3.62%
Voters: 1023. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2002, 12:55 PM   #31
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Keith Code Wheelie School

LOL

However, my 40-something sister and my 17-year old daughter, plus several other female cyclists I know DO enjoy a good wheelie as much as I do. So, clearly, even having tits is not this guy's excuse!
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2002, 01:02 PM   #32
rsheidler
Founding Member

I doubt that the squids you refer to are the target market for this, or any other of Keith Code's schools.

As for Keith being wrong in his methods and lacking in merit, I suggest that the number of his graduates who are successful pro or amateur racers would compare pretty favorably with any of the other schools out there.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:02 PM   #33
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: Keith Code

I took his school at Loudon in 1983 on a 550 GPZ, after 20 laps (3 were"orientation laps") it was over, I felt I had been taken for a ride and it was not a fair one, then to show how stupid we can be at times, I took his school at Laguna Seca in 1988, right after the US GP, and lo and behold, after 3 orientation laps and a bunch of malarky in the class room, it was over, talk about being pissed off! Mainly at myself for being so gullible and thinking all the magazines were right about him. THEN, the last time the AMA held a race in Phoenix, Code advertised tickets for sale for that event at a really good price, so being a jerk for the third time, I ordered tickets for me and all of my friends, only ot find out on race morning that the tickets were not waiting for me at the box office as was the arrangement with Mr. Keith, I then had to buy a ticket to get into the track so that I could go looking for him to find out what was going on. When I found him in the pits, he was arrogant and played down my problem as an annoying little hassle for himself, after I blew my top and got in his face he got one of his workers to go get my tickets. Do you think I have the right to distrust him and dislike his schools?
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 01:04 PM   #34
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: Keith Code School

read the previous posting by obandoj, and tell me how great he is.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 01:12 PM   #35
rsheidler
Founding Member

Why is wheelieing inherently more irresponsible than dragging your knee through the turn? Both are highly irresponsible (and plain stupid) in many street situations -- and possibly marginally so in ALL street situations, but I didn't hear anyone *****ing when he introduced his lean bike to help riders get the confidence to get their knees down.

Old 11-15-2002, 03:48 PM   #36
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Don't try this at home... Can't you get it up

I'll bet I can wheelie my Ducati better than you can wheelie your Kawasaki.

I think Harley guys generally are all for anti-social behavior. I don't think the wheelie hating comments came from any of us. It sounds like fun to me!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 05:59 PM   #37
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Did you happen to notice the guy who wrote the original post is named Muzzy Matt? as in Muzzy KAWASAKI?

Open mouth insert foot again KPaul-san.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 07:51 PM   #38
KPaulCook
Banned

I don't follow you, maybe I need to show him how to ride his bike and yours
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 07:53 PM   #39
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Excellent Post

YOu make good ponts.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 07:54 AM   #40
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Track Day Stunting

Though I agree with your arguement in general, a track day is not a good place to be doing burnouts, stoppies, wheelies and the like. Track days are for learning to go faster, not learning to stunt. Take it to a deserted parking lot, where you can't take out other riders who are being more serious about riding or learning to ride fast. At most track days, that behavior will get you dismissed post haste. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against wheelies and all the other "hooligan" activities, it is all great fun. I guess my rambling point is: Track days are not for wheelie practice, they are for speed, safety, procedural and line practice.