Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

View Poll Results: Reader Survey: John Burns Can...
John Burns should be euthanized. 31 4.57%
Should shut the hell up except about bikes 82 12.09%
Can go off-topic now and then if agree with him 48 7.08%
Can go off-topic only when it involves motorcycles 113 16.67%
I like off-topic stuff and the heated debates 203 29.94%
More off-topic, I don't really even like bikes 12 1.77%
I just had several ****tails. What was the topic? 87 12.83%
My mom could, and should, kick Burnsie's ass 102 15.04%
Voters: 678. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2002, 06:31 AM   #71
bwarbiany23
Founding Member

Default Give us more maintenance stuff!

I loved the SV upgrade article (granted, having an SV will do that), but there's much more to be done here...

How about an article on proper chain maintenance. Or a how-to on rejetting or chain/sprocket replacement, or valve tappet clearance check/adjustment. After the dealers tried to screw me out of tons of money, I do all my work myself, but sometimes I need to rely on the venerable SV community (which has been more than helpful, insert sanctimonious prick award here) instead of content providers such as yourselves.

Brad
bwarbiany23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2002, 06:33 AM   #72
bwarbiany23
Founding Member

Default Tire Comparos!

How about comparing different tires... It's more important to riders who don't ride the supersports bikes to have a comparison of something that we all need, and often.

I'd love to see an objective view of how my BT010's compare to Sportec M-1's, and whether the new Dunlop D208 or any other tire is worth looking into... Or, how these different tires (or more sporty ones) compare on the track?

Brad
bwarbiany23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 06:54 AM   #73
maynard
Founding Member

Default Re: This will get me in trouble . . .

I hear that frequent massage reduces the incidence of breast cancer by 50%
maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 07:03 AM   #74
dcopp
Founding Member

Default My Vote...

Is this like voteing for politicians? If you don't cast a vote, all your friends berate you for not taking part in the wonderful system we have?

Well here's mine.

More Babes. It's the reason I started to check out MO to begin with.

More Breakin' th' law. See above.

More on woman riders. I like women, and I'm curious about what they have to say. Not that I listen much anyway, but...

I like the bikes under $2000 idea... I own several of them, they clutter my garage, and I need more.

Stuff on gear. How well does that Joe Rocket Really hold up to normal wear and tear? Or the Teknic, or the...

Stuff on custom parts for your bike. And not just cruisers. Go-fast parts for the Oriental Bikes as well as Euro, this includes Triumph, guys, with the Internet, we can all shop in France.

How about Tire information? I've searched and found only the poop that the manufactures want you to know.

Readers Bikes. Yeah. Leeme see what everybody else has done to screw up their bikes as well. faster, Faster, FASTER.

Rider data base. Sounds good. I need to know who to call when I run out of gas in Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, next summer.

And there were a couple of Journals that you had of readers trips... those were good reads. Something like that would be cool.

You might as well keep jonnyb...

This would make my 12 bucks a little more enjoyable.

My Vote has been cast.
dcopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 07:06 AM   #75
maynard
Founding Member

Default Re: How hard is it to review older bikes???

Please not more dirt. There are plenty of sites out there covering the dirt world. Your resources are already spread thin enough. I would like to see you coontinue with the mostly street rider orientation.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:12 AM   #76
NotoriousDJW
Registered Member

Default Re: And the point is...

"Speak now, or don't whine later!" sounds suspiciously like:

"Well, it's easy to point out flaws in the current system, but you have no right to do so unless you have good solutions to fix them."

which is allegedly "...such a lame argument on so many levels. Where to begin?"

Where to begin indeed:

1) great idea!

2) What about gay people who just want to ride? Sorry for that mental image .

3) MO had forums?

4) Am I the only one who actually sent you guys $10 for the use of the classifieds? Twice! Please bring them back and reserve the right to pull any ads by stupid people.

5) I already have a filter....it's called my brain.

6) Good idea. Write a big, fat, slimy, Kalifornia-approved disclaimer and bring it on.

7) What's wrong with KPaul?

I'm available to fly to LA in the winter months (Business Class).

9) If Burns is going to post political commentary, tell him to at least make it funny. His current tactic of capping a lame and incoherent ramble with a tacked-on "just kidding" is tiresome. Read anything by HST if you need a concrete example of what I'm talking about.

NotoriousDJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 07:13 AM   #77
gforces
Founding Member

Take a look at http://www.svrider.com . They have a great way of accessing information on each of its members, their bikes, mods, how-to's.
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 07:23 AM   #78
Rekord
Founding Member

Yes ! Yes !

For a 600 miles services on my new bike I got charged 270$ (and this after checking the dealers NOT TWO DEALRES THE SAME PRICE (i.e. 325$, 350$).

Yet in OTHER STATES THAN CALIFORNIA prices are around 100$ !

Why ? Same bike, same mfg., same service manual ! Why do I have to pay more just because I live in California ?

Voicu

Suzuki Intruder Volusia
Rekord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 07:25 AM   #79
maynard
Founding Member

Default Re: Not Just the Bikes

Yeah, you got it--and the name of the magazine is RIDE, subscribe, so we don't have to have a bunch of booooring crap cluttering up a good webzine. "Ride" is something to do, not read about.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:32 AM   #80
akcarlson
Founding Member

Default Yes!

Great idea! Love it! Old bikes, cheap bikes, budget bikes. Sub-$2000 shoot-outs! Beautiful!

Do it better than Motorcyclist, though, please. Although, I probably don't need to say that.

akcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote