Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

View Poll Results: Reader Survey: John Burns Can...
John Burns should be euthanized. 31 4.57%
Should shut the hell up except about bikes 82 12.09%
Can go off-topic now and then if agree with him 48 7.08%
Can go off-topic only when it involves motorcycles 113 16.67%
I like off-topic stuff and the heated debates 203 29.94%
More off-topic, I don't really even like bikes 12 1.77%
I just had several ****tails. What was the topic? 87 12.83%
My mom could, and should, kick Burnsie's ass 102 15.04%
Voters: 678. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2002, 08:14 PM   #31
mergenex
Founding Member

Default Re: And the point is...

what do you mean stuck in la. we have some of the best roads anywear. look north, see those things? inside are the best roads man ever made. if you wanna ride let me know, every sunday morning me and 10 guys hit the mountians for a few hours of fun. but its kinda anti-harley, some of us are fast....

mergenex is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2002, 08:38 PM   #32
vigorito
Founding Member

It irritates me that the manufacturers don't interact with their customers online. How about getting them involved in your site, at least to the point that we have some input into the new-bike design process rather than pissing in the wind after it's over?
vigorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 09:20 PM   #33
Thinc2
Founding Member

Default Re: News for the Daily Rider

It feels like a large proportion of the reporting is about the performance of bikes at the track.

I'd like to hear more about bikes as they are used on a daily basis. More info on ergonomics, ease of maintenance and service costs, insurance costs.

Also would like to get reviews of used bikes - some of us are not running out every year because we must have the latest colour scheme of the newest, fastest bike. Give us information that will allow us to buy a bike that we will want to keep for many years.

Burns' rants are fun to read, as long as they stay away from political & religous topics.

Pics of attractive, scantily clad babes are great.
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 10:45 PM   #34
piinob
Founding Member

Default Re: News for the Daily Rider

Lots of good suggestions here. Tell us about what it is like to keep a V-Star classic w/aftermarket pipes and a corbin seat. Or what about the Warrior with the Yamaha stage 4 kit, how does it perform, and how does it hold up to everyday use for a year. Tell us about the real world. Track days sound great, but it will be a few years before I get to try one. Places to ride, people to ride with, mods to make, all sound good. Something I have never seen, is someplace to find out about common ailments of a particular model of bike. My old 82 Virago had starter problems that I never heard or read about through the moto-press. And, yes, I would like to know about maint. schedules and costs. Burns is fine with whatever he wants to go off on. I like what you do, just keep it up.
piinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 11:14 PM   #35
Jexter
Founding Member

Okay, I don't really post, but I read almost every one. I would be VERY entertained if there was an open forum. Cuz then, there would be a neverending trenchwar over helmet laws, manufacturer loyalties, the AMA, and Harleys. I can't get enough of it. There'd be more itchface, more KPaul, more Froman, and more Highwayman. Can't beat it with a stick.

Other than that, previous posters suggested more fluffy stories about rides ta here & there. I like the idea.
Jexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 11:43 PM   #36
Frank_Palocsay
Founding Member

more product reviews and comparisons would be nice.

Also, a section rating vendors/manufacturers like the one for computer hardware at http://www.resellerratings.com/ would be a great addition!

Frank_Palocsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 12:30 AM   #37
nifty_pete
Founding Member

Default Delurk; newbie (squid?) and old reliable bikes

This is my first post. Have been reading old threads and reviews; doing my homework before stepping in.

I'm an older guy with a learner's permit looking to make time to take the safety course, have my license endorsed and break it to my family that I'm going to look for a new (probably old) bike to commute with.

Mama's gonna yell and kids are going to pontificate, just like I taught them.

Interesting as your posts and reviews are, all the bikes your readers and reviewers like are based on the criteria of to what degree are they suicide for me. It almost makes me grateful that I can't afford them.

The point: I can't be the only person in my situation who asked, "hmm what kind of web site would call itself motorcycle?" And yes, I did subscribe up front, by way of tuition.
nifty_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 12:46 AM   #38
jo63sr
Founding Member

Default Re: Bring back the babe pictorials!

Right on! Photo on!

Old 10-02-2002, 01:31 AM   #39
lilpete
Registered Member

Yes !!! the nick is not so descriptive anymore cause i aint so little around the middle any more. BUT !!!!! i would like to see in one place some of the places to ride Some of the GREAT "rides" across this country. Hwy 1 in California, the Blue Ridge and the Skyline Drive, the Cabet Trail and Lots more. what did you see and do? who did you meet? how bout the "blue roads"? how bout small Mom and Pop places to stay? How about a "guest writer" submitted by us, graded by you and placed on line? I have always been interested in the Journey, and not nessesarily the destination. My thoughts my first post

lilpete

1979 yamaha xs1100 special

2000 triumph adventurer

lilpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 01:38 AM   #40
navion_pa1
Founding Member

Sorry about the last post fat fingers.

Some of the things I would like to see are:

a) more real life testing of the road bikes,

what they're like to live with, what the

normal cost in up keep. Doesn't have

to be in dollars as much as labor hours.

b) more indepth race coverage, maybe a

free lance writer from the location would

work, maybe not.

c) more comparison and contrast between bikes. For example, after a test on, lets say

the BUell what evere, a comparison with another bike you tested in the same cat...

David
navion_pa1 is offline   Reply With Quote