Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

View Poll Results: Reader Survey: John Burns Can...
John Burns should be euthanized. 31 4.57%
Should shut the hell up except about bikes 82 12.09%
Can go off-topic now and then if agree with him 48 7.08%
Can go off-topic only when it involves motorcycles 113 16.67%
I like off-topic stuff and the heated debates 203 29.94%
More off-topic, I don't really even like bikes 12 1.77%
I just had several ****tails. What was the topic? 87 12.83%
My mom could, and should, kick Burnsie's ass 102 15.04%
Voters: 678. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2002, 05:13 PM   #21
wfowade
Founding Member

Default Not Just the Bikes

I certainly look forward to the articles about new models and comparisons between similar type bikes. At heart, I am a hardware junkie. But that is only part of the story. Ultimately, it is what we do with our motorcycles that make them so integral to most of our lives not the bike itself.

I like to hear about the experiences that go along with being a motorcyclist and the RIDE. Ultimately, a motorcycle ride is so much better when it is shared with a fellow rider(s) or a passenger even if it is the story of the ride. Put the hardware into a context and tell us about your experiences as well as your views on politics. I think I have been a bit harsh of late in my critique of Johhny B's politics but I would love to hear about how motorcycles became such an integral part of a staff member's life. Better than the personal political views, tell me about how you came to be a motorcycle journalist. It is a pretty good trip from law school to moto-journalist and there is bound to be a good story!

Tell us of your introduction to bikedom-my Dad spent weeks restoring a Honda SL 125 down to every nut and bolt for my first bike as a Christmas gift. The thrill of that moment of finding the bike in the living room that Christmas morning is still with me some 28 years later. Or now about how I am returning the favor and restoring a FZ 750 for my now 70 year old Dad to make those father/son camping trips this coming spring. About my brother crashing TWO of my bikes over the years (and still owes me for 'em both!). Or something about some of the great folks that are our fellow bikers that you have met on the road. And some of the really stupid things that we or our fellow riders have done and the lesson learned as a result. Think Blue Highways with a motorcycle instead of a van.

wfowade is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2002, 05:23 PM   #22
ZR-7
Founding Member

Default Re: Not Just the Bikes

You got it! It's the RIDE, "not just the bikes." I feel sorry for the folks that don't get it.

Great ideas for stories.

Philip

A rider...
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 05:24 PM   #23
jeffbaldwin
Founding Member

Default Re: And the point is...

I think what I would like to see is frequent interviews with motorcycle tuners/customizers about how to modify your bike. Tuners like Muzzy's, Fast by Ferracci, Yoshimura, Erion Racing, etc. They could tell us what to buy and where to go to get major and minor work done to our bikes whether they are for racing, street riding, or whatever.

Just my 2 cents
jeffbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 05:30 PM   #24
piercejr
Registered Member

more bike reviews. more dyno charts.

ok, nothing wrong with a bit of eye candy, more bike-babes would be cool too.

that comic you had running a few years back was kinda neat in a silly way, wouldn't mind seeing that resumed.

but more bike reviews. I'm personally interested in sports/touring, naked, dualsport, and 'adventure' bikes, not at all into supersportbikes *or* cruisers.

A feature where you could compare dyno charts from various bikes would be kind of neat, along with comparing specs.

piercejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 06:33 PM   #25
icebrrrg
Founding Member

i'm stranded in LA (lalaland) right now and would love a ride/rider match list ... remember those boards in college where there were drivers and passengers that met each other? right now i'd dig a morning ride (i'd even rent a hardley) with some cool mooter scooters here in cali. *sigh*

oh yeah, and i agree, more babes.

-m-

can i go home to new york yet?
Old 10-01-2002, 06:38 PM   #26
fellswoop13
Founding Member

Default AMEN!!! AMEN!! YES!!!

Ever so many folks are obsessed with bikes, but can't afford the new ones. Throw us a frickin' bone!
fellswoop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 07:08 PM   #27
Exocet
Founding Member

Default What ever happened to Airyn?

Personally, I liked the articles written by Airyn Darling, and check back in infrequently hoping to see more stuff by her, such as:

A Biker Chick with Nothing to Prove?

I'm glad that MO has gotten away from the childish flesh-laden antics.

As for things I'd like, I agree with the person above that wants an enhance group system -- I'd love to be able to meet and ride with other women.

Just my opinion...
Exocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 07:18 PM   #28
knez
Founding Member

try reviewing, or have subscribers review different outstanding stretches of road throughout the country. Build up an archival library of reviewed rides.
knez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 07:38 PM   #29
4in6
Founding Member

How about some dirtbike reviews as well. And I like the idea of riding diffrent roads and telling people about them. Maybe you can get resturants and motels to give members a discount? In exchange for mentioning them in articles.
4in6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 08:13 PM   #30
sarnali
Founding Member

I'm pretty satisfied with the way things are,someone else pointed out the obvious, that print mags come out once a month while you guys are daily, as for JB write whatever the hell you feel like, If I don't like it I won't read it, some test on older bikes is kind of a cool idea, or a readers rides kind of thing, AND what happened to the babes? your old Daytona articals were primo, good shots, witty captions. anyway I'd say the site's worth $12 a year, most mags have an editorial section, so JB's screeds qualify as op/ed's if nothing else, plus you can write back and get a reply, what a deal.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote