Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 08-27-2002, 03:47 AM   #61
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda doesn't always win.

AMA rules do not allow 750 twins in Supersport. Their only allowed in World Supersport.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2002, 06:46 AM   #62
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Check out the latest issue of .... i.e. Clean up your Bad Attitudes Harley guys

Check out the Letters to the Editor section in the latest issue of Motorcyclist page 17 "Bad Attitudes" Am I the one with the problem? I think not.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 10:47 AM   #63
El_Flaco
Founding Member

Default sheesh...

I write an article about *racing* and it has to turn into a debate about Harleys... I WAS hoping to create an interesting forum on the future of racing at the global level, but hey!
Old 08-28-2002, 01:51 PM   #64
ZR-7
Founding Member

Default Re: Jeez, What a Cheapskate

Hey "ungrateful ass,"

"Anybody who complains about the price of modern motorcycles hasn't priced cars lately! "

Really? I have a '02 VW Passat GLX fully loaded outside. Last time I checked, it wasn't "cheapest."

"Honda's racing effort is probably self-supporting."

Really? Prove it. By the way, just how much of the racing budget comes from R&D and how much from the Maketing Department? I'm betting on more dollar from Marketing... If it "makes money" the R&D should be happy to pile it on, no?

"Are factory test riders going to push test bikes beyond their envelopes? Nope."

Really? Fire them and hire riders that will test them.

"who make our bikes stronger, more durable, and safer? On the racetrack..."

Really? Tell me about the durability of a race engine. How many hours between complete rebuilds - 5 or 6? How does going 180 MPH on a race track help me to be safer pulling into my driveway?

"Without a race effort, all bikes would be like the bikes made by a certain two manufacturers. These two manufacturers utilize antiquated designs and overprice their products. Makes you think, huh?"

Really? So tell me why John Bloor and Triumph are retards for not racing? Ooops, JohnnyB rode the Speed Triple faster around the track than the Honda...

"you can bet it would cost $16,000, weigh 700 pounds, and start to redline and speed-wobble at 95 if it wasn't for racers and race engineers slaving away (and risking life and limb) for your ungrateful ass."

Really? I'm betting you are full of ***** with that remark. One more time...Why don't Triumph and BMW motorcycles "weigh 700 pounds, and start to redline and speed-wobble at 95...

"that's how a cheapskate like you, who selects things mostly by price..."

Really? Check the price on the Passat *******. How's your Pinto holding up?!?!?

Philip

ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 02:10 PM   #65
ZR-7
Founding Member

Default Re: Rumors: Superbike, GP1, and You

Thanks for making my point.

"I will be the first to admit only a few of the components carry over from the racebike to the one in my garage." Even though Suzuki claims my Bandit has a "race developed engine." I'd like to see the list of parts...I doubt it's more than a single digit percent.

It's the production machines that pay for the play toy...racers. And that's OK. I'd just like to know how much of my money goes into that effort. Race teams cost million of dollars per year. Now divide that over X number of bikes... How many CBR600 does it take to make $5M ot $10M for the race team?

Philip

ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 07:02 AM   #66
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Jeez, What a Cheapskate

Thank you for your polite reply. I have to agree with all of your points.

I guess when I was in my 20s I had the anti-Harley (overpriced, unreliable, no performance) attitude myself. They I actually rode one. There is more to life than strafing apexes.

Slow down. Smell the flowers and trees. Enjoy the colors of the mountains. It's amazing how much differently I ride when switching back and forth between my Ducati and my Harley.

Hang on to those old bikes. Every time you ride one it will bring back memories.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 07:19 AM   #67
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Check out the latest issue of .... i.e. Clean up your Bad Attitudes Harley guys

I must say I have to agree with you a bit. There are some Harley types (more the wannabe buy into the image rather than 1%ers) that think they have to act like a badass and hate rice.

I live in San Diego and I don't think the "attitude" exists here as much as in other places. My buddies girlfriend was a very active harley rider and he rode a kawasaki concours in several HOG events and never got any *****.

When I ride my Duc to the local harley dealer it immediately attracts a crowd and questions. In fact I hang out at some pretty hardcore Harley bars and park my bright yellow ST4 right among some H.A. members. You must consider what kind of 'tude you're putting out that gets you grief.

And ***** the waving thing. There are so many riders here all year long I would crash if I waved at everyone so I don't wave at all.

Just remember, people as individuals are generally pretty cool. People in groups tend to turn into assholes.

buzz

2000 ST4

2003 FLHTCUI (patiently waiting for Jan.)
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote