Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 08-03-2002, 08:20 PM   #51
lostdog
Founding Member

Default Re: John Burns: Too Much Like Work

Don't be dissin' my EX500. It's a fine racing machine. I rode one to vic...well...I rode one in a 24 hour a few years back. Just stop by my garage and take a lookie at all my trophies. That'll show you. Lots of guys would never even think of racing an EX. Cowards, I tell ya. They're all cowards. Too much for them.

But if you're looking to do some frame welding, I do have an EX frame that needs more than a little work.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2002, 06:53 PM   #52
DucButt
Founding Member

I only speak for myself, but KPaul: whatever your motives, lay off JB. One of your posts bashing Burnsie was enough - now they're annoying. I for one appreciate the journalistic wit, courage and word-meistering skills that JB foists upon MO readership - even if I don't always agree with him. Not to be hypocritical, as my little jabs are not borne of malice. KPaul I'd hate to see your water shut off - so, to borrow from Monty Python: "Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time".
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 01:11 AM   #53
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Nothing
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 04:26 AM   #54
AstonMartin
Founding Member

...and you need to work on your grammar...
AstonMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 04:46 AM   #55
ZR-7
Founding Member

Sure... You can't pay the bill or eat on "nothing."

Philip

'00 ZR-7

'02 Bandit 1200S
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 06:31 AM   #56
gforces
Founding Member

Default Re: Hayden Commercials

Those commercials make me cringe when I look at my own JR jacket. I then start perusing the web for a new one.

The blonde in the Kawi commercial makes me feel warm and tingly inside. I love her, she's sweet. Eric B.'s a lucky man.
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 07:55 AM   #57
Tim_White
Founding Member

U.S. commentators are over-caffeinated? My God, chap, Speed TV brings us the Charlie Cox and Steve Parish version of WSB (with Ms. Perry's post-race interviews) and it has taken me no small amount of effort to develop the ability to tune those screaming ninnies out. They don't shut up, ever! My family fails to appreciate my Cox-and-Parrish-tune-out skills, however, because it means I am now able to turn up the volume on the telly and hear a bit of the motorcycles. What a concept: Race fans might want to hear the bikes, not the crazed ramblings and shreaks of the "commentators".
Tim_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 08:43 AM   #58
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: I like Despain

I agree that he has great enthusiasm. I wasn't being critical of his efforts. It's just that damn puking that has to go!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 09:11 AM   #59
Double_L
Registered Member

Default Re: I like Despain

That's the way Dave talks period. He's not putting on an announcers voice. I think Despain is the best of all time by a long shot.
Double_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 10:09 AM   #60
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Can we handle the truth????

Hey if he can't handle criticism of the content of the web site than shut my water off. I really don't care anymore. There are plenty of other watering holes out there. MotorcyleDaily, MotorcycleUSA, 2wf, MCNews, even Speed . Hey content on MO seems to lacking since Burns arrived. Where are the interviews with Racers like other sites? How about exclusives? It seems like we get one good bike review a month. A European bike review a month. A few news stories borrowed from other sites. Sorry Duc but if he can't handle heat than he should stay out of kitchen. Nothing personal just I have noticed a mark decrease in quality since his arrival. Perhaps I don't understand his role? But if he is the big cheese than he should be able to explain why things are worse. If he is only a Andy Rooney contributor then I apologize.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote