Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 08-02-2002, 02:50 AM   #11
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Hayden Commercials

This article does bring up the important question of what the hell is up with that stupid Joe Rocket commercial? Is anyone else seriously distrubed by it? I know I am.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2002, 04:25 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: John Burns: Too Much Like Work

Heh heh. Nice article.

Still, the fact that most sports announcers are idiots is no revelation. Ever listened to Bill Walton? Hannah Storm? Bryant Gumbel's dumber brother? (Now THAT's a feat!)

And what the heck is wrong with living with an overweight ex-Hooter girl?
Old 08-02-2002, 04:27 AM   #13
obandoj
Founding Member

John's article brings up a point that has been a thorn in my side, whats the deal with Sadowski on Aaron Yates? Instead of being impartial, objective and professional in his comentary he acts and sounds as if him and Yates are really, really good buds... ahem.

Yates is the best, the greatest, the buffest, can do anything and everything better than everybody else and on and on...

And at Mid Ohio while he was waxing poetic about Yates, double A-ron crashed his brains out into a very embarrasing position under the hay bales, now don't get me wrong, I don't want any body to get hurt in this great sport of ours, but I was laughing my but off when that happened. Watch out Ski, Heather Yates looks like she can kick yor ass from Brainerd to Daytona.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 04:29 AM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Funny stuff Burns. You might want to continue your speedvision commentary around the world's biggest puker, Dave Despain.

He's afflicted with announcer-voice syndrome so bad it's almost hysterical. I worked in broadcasting for several years and we called these types "pukers."

So if you're watching a Speed motorcycle program, put on your rain poncho, Dave's grabbing the mike!

buzz
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 04:31 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

In the US if you want to get into broadcasting, who you blow is far more important than what you know. Knowing anything about sports is incidental. Now if you are stupid as a rock, but related to Bryant Gumbel then......
Old 08-02-2002, 04:38 AM   #16
obandoj
Founding Member

LOL
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 05:30 AM   #17
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Embarrasing?

I'd say really scary.

Yates seems unable to understand the benefits of controlled patience.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 05:51 AM   #18
12er
Founding Member

Dave's coverage of World Rally is the funniest. No clue about the sport, drivers or cars entered. Reminds me of "Best of Show" that dog show spoof.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 05:53 AM   #19
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

We've talked about much the same ideas. Perhaps an ESPN-X, where the commentators really rip it up:

"Holy F#$@ing S@#t Bob! That pass was f@#$ed!"

"Yeah, that was Boz tellin the girlies "Hey, check it out, my balls are, like, freaking enormous!""

"He's definitely gonna be boinking tonight if he keeps riding like that... and LOOK, Hacking hasn't crashed yet and we're halfway through the race"

"Amazing Frank, I thought for sure that moron would have thrown it down the track by now."

"Hey! I spoke too soon, Hacking highsided himself to Shanghai!"

"No s!#t! What a d!#khead. You can always rely on that dork to shred some fiberglass."

Honestly though, the Speed coverage of GPs is the worst. That freaking idiot spooging himself left and right and erupting with spittle laced inane comments every 10 seconds makes it utterly unpleasant to watch the race.

BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 06:08 AM   #20
12er
Founding Member

So the Polaris hype has been shown to the world. No wonder we couldnt figure out what they had hyped as it was many machines made to look like one. Headlights from the Predator ATV, seat from the new Vegas cruiser and probably some shots from their new watercraft to really throw us off. Needless to say it doesnt look like anything we hoped for during our speculation posts. The new Vegas looks like a warrior rip off minus the big can.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote