Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-09-2002, 01:38 PM   #131
hawkrider
Founding Member

Default Re: CAVE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUV's, Cop's etc, etc. How about a possitive article about the good things in life. I cannot stomach being around the "VICTIM" crowd. I call them "CAVE PEOPLE", "citizens against virtually everything".

The cops are out to get me because I ride a motorcyle. We don't have freedom anymore, blah blah blah. To complain about life in this country to the the ridiculous extent that some of you do, you must be either intellectually dishonest or just plain stupid.

It is positive dedicated people that make things happen in this country. Not moaning *****ing malcontents who want to tell me what to think, drive and so on.

I don't care what you do as an individual, but please, if you are going to complain and only complain about the usual handfull of subjects, enough is enough.

Pretend your in first gear and the rev limiter has kicked in, for god sakes SHIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please!
hawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2002, 03:07 PM   #132
dwr461
Founding Member

Default Re: John Burns: Monday Malfeasance

I get your drift.
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 03:11 PM   #133
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Wow. Incredibly well said and hyperbole free. Thanks.
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 05:19 PM   #134
KPaulCook
Banned

Best post yet thanks for getting me out of first gear. You are right on about the postive dedicated people. Hey life is good when I get to ride my bike anytime and anyplace I want.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 06:39 PM   #135
hawkrider
Founding Member

Life is good! Make the best of it every day.

Ride Smart!
hawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 08:06 PM   #136
12er
Founding Member

Yeah that balance thing is the first to go. Being a chronic mountain biker Ive been in that position several times. Just the next morning is the worst, not only do you have a hang over but Ive found sheets imbedded in my newly formed scabs. Try pealing them off of a 8 inch abrasion while your head is trying to split itself open. *throb, rip... Scream!* I dont even want to think about waking up to a skin graft...

Thinking about it Motorcycling is the reason I quit drinking. I promised myself never to ride with any amount of alcohol and the more I rode the less times I could drink. Now I can walk into a bar and order a coke and not think twice. Adding up all the money Ive saved over the years has basically paid for my new bike. Win win situation.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 08:37 PM   #137
12er
Founding Member

Are you suggesting we actually do something? Yeah right, there is a reason we are the fattest people on the planet, were LAZY!!! With 40% of the country's population clinically obese that should tell you something. Hence why there is SUV's on the road. We need something to shoe horn our Fat Asses into and something with enough power to move it once we do. Ever drove a honda civic with 3 of your beer guzzling buddies? The poor thing is like a mule with a broken back. Im amazed at the amount of people on this page that took it upon themselves to actually type something, me included. Of all the posters on here maybe a handful may try and do something. The rest of us will just wait for them and complain some more when they fail. Oh am I being negative?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 06:16 AM   #138
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: CAVE PEOPLE Great Bumper Sticker

Hey I saw a great bumper sticker on a Toyota Gas/hybrid car. It said "One less SUV"

You are right about the fat and lazy. Since I started riding motorcycles I have lost 20 lbs and my blood pressure has gone down. It has also given the incentive to lose more weight and get in shape so I can do some weekend racing
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 06:47 AM   #139
david_l_sumner
Founding Member

Default Re: Welcome to California, can I see some ID?

agreed. and what's with the incessant protection of sidewalk pedestrians from a bicycle? Is that more dangerous than what the bicyclist risks by riding in the street? Stupid.
david_l_sumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 06:04 PM   #140
sennap1
Founding Member

Default Re: Last 5 mos. of college was married graduated, work now

You use a fictional example to make a point about, what,..... the real world?!

Judging by the logic of your last two posts, which use the same, tired, conservative tripe that you believe absolves YOU, (yes you, )of any responsibility in creating a better society, I don't think the Pell Grant was well spent.

Maybe, you should just give it back to those in the welfare state (we all know who you mean) whom you so despise.
sennap1 is offline   Reply With Quote