Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 04-10-2002, 02:09 PM   #1
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: House passes Motorcycle Safety Bill

First Post!

I just have to ask... Does anybody think this will truly DO anything?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2002, 03:03 PM   #2
Grappelli
Registered Member

In as much as the party of the first part, referenced as the house, be refered to by the party of the second part, referenced as a given citizen, then that reference to the said resolution by the first part is deemed by the part of the second part to be twaddle.
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 03:06 PM   #3
Grappelli
Registered Member

That was supposed to read ".. party of the second part..." but somehow this bill being referenced by my part seems appropriate. I'll let this particular typo stand, as it were.
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 03:10 PM   #4
alanheng
Founding Member

Stupid legal speak.

Whether or not a Motorcycle Safety Awareness month means anything depends on what we (or rather, you Californians) do about it. If you work with your dealers, clubs, and friends to promote events that broadcast the importance of motorcycle safety, then a motorcycle safety month will do something.

If you do nothing, the bill means nothing.
alanheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 03:19 PM   #5
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Ok Alan, I'm not flaming here, I'm truly curious... WHAT do you think it'll do to have a "Motorcycle Awareness" month?
Old 04-10-2002, 04:07 PM   #6
granny
Founding Member

Gosh, I was so happy to hear about this I that did a nice smoky donut to commemorate the event. Much safer than a wheely
granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 05:16 PM   #7
Nepenthe
Founding Member

Default Had me worried for just a second...

Wow, for a second I thought it would be pretty much the opposite--some law banning the use of sportbikes or something. )

Whew!
Nepenthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 05:55 PM   #8
floundericiousFL
Founding Member

Hereafter, insofar as the party of section one, being the honorable grappelli, forthwith shall be pronounced the honorable willis, in lieu of aforementioned section one honorary title, shall be queried by the party of section two, being hereafter mentioned to be the reader, as to the contents of original master document, the aforementioned response under article II3a.2 of the MO.COM constitution.

shortly: "what you talkin bout willis????!"
floundericiousFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 05:57 PM   #9
floundericiousFL
Founding Member

Well, if it were here in the Detroit area, it would mean we'd have one more neat fun safety message to read on the big telestrator thingamabob-signs in the medians and on the overpasses of local interstates and freeways.
floundericiousFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 06:04 PM   #10
Bryan8252
Founding Member

Please--don't you negative, critical persons have anything better to do than constantly trash the efforts of others. Grow up for God's sake, and do something yourself that you believe to be helpful to others, especially since you seem to have all the answers. Here is some unsolicitted advise: Being against something (negativity) weakens you--being for something empowers you and those around you. You are wasting your irreplaceable human energy on criticism; DO SOMETHING POSITIVE. Go down to the local VA hospital if you need your priorities straightened out--but DO OR SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE. Best wishes.

Bryan
Bryan8252 is offline   Reply With Quote