Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 04-10-2002, 07:35 PM   #11
Dave305
Founding Member

Default Re: House passes Motorcycle Safety Bill

I agree with your point of view, but I must ask...are you new to this forum? The posts are typical of a certain segment of the posters on this site, and not to be negative or anything...but lotsa luck. Fortunately, they are just a segment.

BTW, concerning the article title...that's Assembly (State) not House (Federal).
Dave305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2002, 08:06 PM   #12
Bryan8252
Founding Member

Yes, I'm fairly new to this site. I guess tonight, I just couldn't take it anymore--and needed to vent. I would like to read this site, and I have seen some really intelligent, insightful comments on here in the past. So, I understand it is just a segment, as you say. Thanks for your response and best wishes.

Bryan
Bryan8252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 08:44 PM   #13
loftydog
Founding Member

Default Assembly Safety Awareness Month

WHEREAS, in my house, there are no assembly members and it will be kept that way

WHEREAS, the safety hazards created by listening to or otherwise following the advice of old rich people who have no interest other than their own is dangerous and a caucus is best left in the former soviet bloc</p>

WHEREAS, it is especially important that we realize that the best way to improve our safety is to buy an effective set of earplugs and realize that it is the soft money talking</p>

WEREAS, During this month we unite as motorcyclists and do the one thing we can: get out and ride</p>
loftydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 11:11 PM   #14
Grappelli
Registered Member

To put it succinctly (as the party of the second part):

"I think they're talking crap"

Pass a resolution - that'll really make a difference, mumble mumble safety mumble mumble. Mumble mumble MUMBLE mumble need to be put out of our misery mumble mumble.
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 02:29 AM   #15
fizz
Founding Member

It's nice to know they tought of us. But really, what it comes down to is riders simply must continue to be extremely careful while driving(err, "riding"). Statistics can tell us the amount of accidents we end up having but cannot put a number on all the accidents we routinely avoid. STAY ALERT!
fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 03:12 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

I'm sure it'll be just as effective as some other government resolutions. Like the one in the 1930s that officially banned war. Or the one passed by the Utah legislature and signed by the governor that set a maximum level for the Great Salt Lake (imagine the County Sherrif trying to arrest the Lake during the floods of 1983).
Old 04-11-2002, 03:15 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

If they REALLY wanted to do something they would pass a law that made it illegal for a court to accept the "I didn't see the motorcycle" defense that car drivers use, whether they actually saw the bike or not.
Old 04-11-2002, 03:15 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Had me worried for just a second...

Don't say that. One of them might hear you.
Old 04-11-2002, 03:18 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

This is a motorcycle sight, not a New Age Feel Good Love-in. There are loads of other places where you can get lots of positive touchy-feely vibies.
Old 04-11-2002, 03:52 AM   #20
Closet_Bad_Ass
Founding Member

Ever wonder why there are seldom serious injuries on racecourses despite some rather high velocity crashes? It's because vehicles like Excursions and Suburbans and other vehicles with the agility of trees and stopping distances measured in miles are not allowed on the track. (And, there are no utility poles bordering the track.) Granted, there are some irresponsible and stupid motorcyclists on the road, most serious motorcycle related injuries are caused by other "drivers" that pay no attention to what is happening around them except the conversation on their mobile phone. I propose that motorcycle safety month be accompanied with a ban on all vehicles that weigh more than small buildings, drivers' side vanity mirrors, radios that play louder that a space shuttle launch, cruise control and all dumbasses - just in case they are not in violation of any of these other banned devices.

That is all I have to say about that.
Closet_Bad_Ass is offline   Reply With Quote