Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 04-09-2002, 02:19 PM   #81
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: The Verdict is in.

You hug it. Ughh.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2002, 02:20 PM   #82
rmiller
Founding Member

Well, thats the good, the bad, and the ugly with the Italian bikes. Avoids most of the squidly me-too persona, but for $3-6K, you could prep a seriously mean Yamaha thats still a lot more comfortable. I personally like to take 2 day weekend rides when I can, so comfort AND handling is important. All these bikes are fast.
rmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:26 PM   #83
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

I am 6'1" with a 34" inseam. I sat on the FJR at Daytona and it seemed to fit me fine, so it might fit you too. Don't know until you try it, though.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:30 PM   #84
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Try reading the test again..

Last years test was due to the majority of posters wanting to know which was the best "street bike". So MO scored it accordingly. Once again this year the Suzuki did not gain the best street bike title. It got the best overall title since it stomps at the track and strip. With 2 out of 3 you cant really lose. If you want a street only bike, read that part of the test, if you want a street / track bike read those two and make up your own mind. The last part was what did they like personally and they gave their answers. Numbers arent everything but Im very happy they supplied us with them. Then you can easily decide on what you want.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:40 PM   #85
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

True about Honda, but Yamaha and Suzuki ads are equal in number in Motorcyclist and Suzuki has one more in Cycle World.
Old 04-09-2002, 03:34 PM   #86
rvfrules
Founding Member

That's pretty funny. I just did a trackday last weekend. My buddy hasn't had time to fit motard wheels on his '95 RMX250 but even with Dunlop 604 road-bias trail tires he still kicked ass big time. And my other '95 RMX250 riding buddy--while not quite as fast-- still showed more than a few sports bikes his fading taillight that day. Great bikes! I brought my VFR800 to the track, along with my motarded CRM250 (Japan road-legal version of the CR). The viffer was great for a session, but I ended up riding the CRM for 3 sessions 'cause it's so damn easy and fun.

Any of you who like sport bikes owe it to yourselves to check out the motard scene. They are cheap to mod and run, a blast to ride and if you drop them, they cost hardly anything to fix.

rvfrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 06:01 PM   #87
nee_dragger
Founding Member

So the Suzuki won the contest, but the testers said it best..... if it was their money, they would ALL buy the Yamaha R1. I think that says something. Currently, I own a GSX-R1000 (and '97 GSX-R600) and just about everthing they've written is true. Great engine, stable chassis, but slow steering making it feel heavier than it is. Up the mountain roads (SC, western NC, and Tennessee), it rewards the experienced rider, but it's hard work. Me? I'm selling the GSX-R and put a deposit on a new YZF-R1 today. Make mine blue, please!
nee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 06:04 PM   #88
v4ron
Founding Member

The way I see it.... The Suzuki is still too edgy for all but the top 10% of riders (and even they have some reservations), the Honda has nearly a nearly perfect balance of parameters for 90% of sport bike riders, the Yamaha wants to be as good as the Honda, but always seems to have a shoe untied or needs to tuck in its shirt! So your overall scoring picks the Suzuki as number 1, puts the Yammi in last place even though its the one you want to buy, and places the Honda as the bike for the rest of us.?! Looks to me like Big Red is the real winner here. Go Honda!!!

v4ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 06:23 PM   #89
DucButt
Founding Member

Yeah, you know the sound a duck makes when you step on it? That's what my bike sounds like. Actually, it's just the dumbest name I could think of for a ducati dude.
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 06:48 PM   #90
polishnightmare
Founding Member

Default Re: Best of both worlds

jealous? seruzawa you got me, yup that is what I looking for a heffer that out wieghs me. That would be quite a women at 6'2" 225 lbs. Also as far as in the eyes of the beholder. My my eyes would be straining looking at her, and trying to be a holding her. Ha, Ha.
polishnightmare is offline   Reply With Quote