Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 04-08-2002, 06:22 PM   #31
v2-90
Founding Member

Default Re: The Verdict is in.

I think there was a comment about this in the very beginning - that the Triumph and the Kawasaki were just out of the league for this comparison, but that both were very similar to each other's strengths/weaknesses.

Maybe an interesting comparo would be the ZX-9R, the Triumph, and the new Buell Firebolt - do a comparo of the "B Team?"

v2-90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2002, 06:58 PM   #32
Drego
Registered Member

Default Michelin v Dunlop

MO...Good job with the comparison. You're well on your way to being a top notch site...

Subscribers...I'm thinking about putting some Michelin Pilot Sports on my Y2K R1 in place of the OEM Dunlop Sportmax. Will this negatively affect the bike's handling or should I stick with the Dunlops? I do all my riding on the street; no track days or drag strips. I know all of you R1 fans out there have to have some experience with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Drego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 07:29 PM   #33
minime
Founding Member

Interesting thought. We'll see what Editor Burns thinks of it...
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 08:15 PM   #34
kdkd
Founding Member

Hey I'm on for the big FJ 1300 Yammie - but yeh they always choose the red - unless a Harley is there and you say Harley--

Happens to me when I ride the HD every time.
kdkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 09:20 PM   #35
DucButt
Founding Member

I know what you mean - I have a '98 Ducati, and I'm trying to talk myself out of an Aprilia. You know, already have an italian v-twin - trying to justify spending that much again on another italian twin when I could get the R1 and spend the difference on aftermarket parts and more track days...
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 09:46 PM   #36
12er
Founding Member

The wadding comment was accurate last year when most of the motorags sent their test GSXR's into the weeds. But with 3 seconds faster on the track we can now see why.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 09:56 PM   #37
12er
Founding Member

I just cant get myself to buy something sight unseen. Well as the FJR is only going to those who put there money down long before shipping. Not the best move on Yamaha's part but at least its coming here. Hopefully next year we may see one on the floor and be able to try it on. At 6'6" I cant assume anything. Cant wait for the shootout between the new ST, FJR and my beloved revamped K1200RS (Granted the revamp was only power abs brakes, heated grips, cruise control and a new face).
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 03:44 AM   #38
seruzawa
The Toad

That, of course, is why the squids REALLY hate HD. No babes hangin' round the "no fear" geeks.
Old 04-09-2002, 04:03 AM   #39
gte619e
Founding Member

"B Team?" Wouldn't that be like the NIT tourney? Congradulations, your the 66th best team in the country!
gte619e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 04:08 AM   #40
jrichard
Founding Member

ugh. luggage hook comparison? please. buy a tank bag. like anyone is touring on a gixxer. gimme hackfu's job if he's going to compare luggage hooks... I'm lucky enough to own a Porsche 930 (300hp)and a '66Cobra replica (with 540hp). which car is more fun? The Porsche. why? handling. I own a 929. Why? handling. period. A good handling machine is better in everyday situations than a dragster. period. If you want a drag bike, buy one with a square rear tire and tear up the dragstrip and have fun. yamaha good looks are great, but you can't ride looks...(hmmm, doesn't apply to females.) let the flames begin...
jrichard is offline   Reply With Quote