Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 04-10-2002, 06:14 PM   #141
polishnightmare
Founding Member

Default Re: The Verdict is in.

Your right becuae I wouldn't be paying for it. I can get mine for free.
polishnightmare is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2002, 06:32 PM   #142
Van
Founding Member

The irony here is that a lot of people are saying the GSX-R shouldn't have won because the street is what mostly matters.

This, following the editor's reports that the bikes are all so damn close on the street that many people find the GSX-R more comfortable than the others anyway. (Certainly some find it more comfortable than the R1). These same editors also described it as being the one bike they all went fastest on, with the lest effort.

All in all, the GSX-R stormed the other bikes in the test in the objective tests and it was right there on the street as well. It's hardly some red headed step child in terms of street useability compared to the other two.

Bottom line, it's really only the R1's looks that everyone is pointing to in terms of "most desireable" and as someone said above, while the GSX-R might not be AS good looking as the R1 it still is by no means bad looking to most.

(And looks are totally subjective anyway...I'm sure somewhere there's people who actually think the GSX-R is the best looking...)

Just because these three editors say they'd choose the R1 to buy that doesn't mean you should, just because they would. A test should be used to sort out objective items and real differences and then the reader should decide for themselves all the subjective stuff....
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 06:40 PM   #143
mreed234
Registered Member

Let's leave the mudslinging to the mx crowd.
mreed234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 06:41 PM   #144
ducfast
Founding Member

Japan?

What does a track in Japan have to do with this?
ducfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 06:43 PM   #145
ducfast
Founding Member

Default Re: I just changed tires on my 01R1

If you spend anytime on a track, you should try Bridgestone's 001R's. Awesome track tire.
ducfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 07:49 PM   #146
kdkd
Founding Member

When I rode only rice rockets the HD crowd said that these guys were whiners and pussies - I think I'm starting to see why!

Hell man, just ride 'em and read 'em if you want to - just don't whine all the time.

PS - If you and wahtever you ride are so damn fast get off the street and to the race track where you can make some real talk and bucks and check out all kind babes if you got the nads and talent to hold it on.
kdkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 07:58 PM   #147
SilverBullet
Founding Member

I am in no way in favor of Buell (can't really say I like them), but this would aparently be a good comparo generating lots of interest... and heated arguments!

SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 08:38 PM   #148
ram
Founding Member

One day we will all go 6 feet under, so try to live 6 feet above (get a 1k gixxer)!
ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 03:32 AM   #149
seruzawa
The Toad

You really are full of crap, aren't you? Many HD riders I know put miles on their scoots that would shame you Sunday squids. One guy I know rides his Evo Fatbob all year around in Salt Lake, snow and everything. How 'bout you?
Old 04-11-2002, 05:21 AM   #150
polishnightmare
Founding Member

First off I am really full of crap and I try to fling as much of it on to everything I can. As far as the cash thing that comment came from MrDeadeye. I did however reinforce it. Here in MI You sure see a lot of it. Heck I have a couple of buddies of mine that are perfect examples of that. I just sit there and shake me head saying I just don't get the whole image thing. The one guy sits there trying to play the whole bad boy image with his starch pressed leathers. Hell this guy is the biggest pu**y. I could kick his ass any day of the week and twice on Sunday. However I just let him have his dream. As far as the squid thing, hardly. A squid is someone who doesn't know how to ride and then in turn rides over there skill level. I always ride within my skill level. In addition don't blame me because most HD/BMW don't have enough power or are to fat to get the fornt tire off the ground. By the way I don't own a sport bike either. Those squids are as bad as the BMW/HD posers. As far a riding all year round I personally don't. If I lived in a state where 4 months out of the year the roads weren't covered in snow and ICE, I would. There is a difference between snow on the ground and snow on the road. Also as far as snow on the road I am not talking a dusting, I'm talking 6 or more inches. In addition there is a difference between risk and stupidity(Darwin factor). I did however ride my bike from MI to Daytona a couple of years ago, and there was a foot of snow on the ground when I left and returned. I think I have made my point.
polishnightmare is offline   Reply With Quote