Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 04-10-2002, 01:26 PM   #131
99R6
Founding Member

Default Re: The Verdict is in.

Definitely.... a person would have to be a real dildo to pay hundreds more for at best, a more comfortable, slower bike....
99R6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2002, 01:28 PM   #132
99R6
Founding Member

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP BEING DILDOS PEOPLE
99R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 01:46 PM   #133
Grover
Founding Member

YES! YES! YES! The shootouts/comparos are almost always the same group of usual suspects (aka the land-o-the-rising-sun bikes), let's get some more interesting snicky-snacks into the mix. The list above is a very good one, and I've been asking for the Firebolt vs. 900SS comparo for months now.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 02:13 PM   #134
baR_n1
Founding Member

Default some of u guys WHINE too much and dont RIDE enuf!!

why is it that every time there is a litre-class comparo this same biatching goes on about how: "oh, but that bike has more horses" or "screw comfort and rideability... i'm friggin val rossi so the gixxer's power dunt scare me!!"

if track times are all u care about than the comparison was over before they even started... gixxer 750 is king. with the money u save, u could set it up to be a kick-ass track scalpel with bucks to spare. just ask ALL them privateer racers who choose it as mount of choice.

when u buy a litre-class bike, its as much about showing off with the newest and best-looking bike as it is about lofty theoretical statistics. so what if the gixxer1000 has like 10 more horsies... when was the last time u were on an R1 thinking "man, this engine is weak..." point being, good job MO for seperating the test into three USEFUL bases. knowing that the gixxer is best track performer is interesting, but i wouldnt consider it THE best bike period just cuz of that fact! its all about putting ur money where ur mouth is, and by saying the R1 is what u would buy, that to me points out which bike the REAL winner is...

p.s. dont know why everyone is dogging on the honda... i think it looks absolutely pisser! they ripped off the best styling cues the R1 had to offer, without those ugly FZ-1 inspired headlights!
baR_n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 05:22 PM   #135
v4ron
Founding Member

Well said, JonnyT!

Ron
v4ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 05:55 PM   #136
Van
Founding Member

Default Re: European Ranking

Since it was a German test the bikes were probably neutered to 100 hp so of course the 9R won since it's the most comfortable and they're all equally slow! LOL!!!!
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 06:03 PM   #137
Van
Founding Member

VERY well put, Ruister. You nailed it.....
Old 04-10-2002, 06:05 PM   #138
floundericiousFL
Founding Member

Yes! Everyone! PLEASE stop being...dildos...please stop...MINIME!! GET AWAY FROM ME!!!! AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

P
floundericiousFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 06:08 PM   #139
Van
Founding Member

Formula Extreme results? Their relevancy to this street bike comparison is.......what?

They're about as relevant as picking this comparo's winner based on who's in the Monday Night Football booth....
Old 04-10-2002, 06:13 PM   #140
polishnightmare
Founding Member

That is why I didn't get one of those bike, beside the fact all they can pretty much do is sit there and look pretty. I got a bike to ride it, not for an image.
polishnightmare is offline   Reply With Quote