Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 04-09-2002, 08:28 PM   #101
kdkd
Founding Member

Default Re: The Verdict is in.

Good work on the article though

Keep it up - Sport touring next though dudes
kdkd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2002, 08:30 PM   #102
kdkd
Founding Member

Yet another good call --

All of us must be on a roll
kdkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 09:42 PM   #103
howiefocker
Founding Member

Default Re: Booo

Do you actually believe that "A person who buys one of these is my age group"? Guys that are 25-35 typically have a lot more expendable income than young squids fresh out of mommy and daddy's place. My 954 is toy number three for the garage and it's the least expensive of the three. When I spend ten grand on another toy, comfort is important to me. Manufacturers realize that I have more money to spend than you, and it's not all about the statistics of a bike.

Well, nuff said. Good luck with the wrist. Maybe it's carpel tunnel sydrome. You might want to try using your other hand in the shower.

'Howiefocker. 30 yo and faster than you...
howiefocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 10:18 PM   #104
Grappelli
Registered Member

I'm not sure that the review I'm gagging to read, really. I'd like to see the Triumph up against a Ducati and an Aprilia. The Daytona is ALWAYS compared to the 4 cylinder bikes. How about a comparo with the 2 cylinder bikes?
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 12:15 AM   #105
schlaxn
Founding Member

Default European Ranking

Europe's biggest motorcycle magazin - the german "Motorrad" - did a comparision of open class bikes earlier this year (15th of March). The interesting results:

1st Place: Kawa ZX9R _and_

1st Place: Suzuki GSXR1000

3rd Place: Yamaha R1

4th Place: Fireblade

They are quite serious testers, with a point-based ranking (max. 1000 points), difference between first and fourth place was IIRC ~ 15 points.

The Honda has been awarded last place because of serious "kickback" problems.

Just posted this because I really like the new 9er Ninja and don't see any reason why some people believe that it's been ok to leave it out.
schlaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 01:05 AM   #106
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

If you are looking to impress chicks or any non-riders get a HD or BMW. 99% of chicks don't know anything about performance but they recognize the brand names and associate HD with "bad boy" and BMW with $. That's not why I ride a BMW, it's just a fringe benefit!
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 01:10 AM   #107
floundericiousFL
Founding Member

No worries mate!
floundericiousFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 03:31 AM   #108
josxr
Founding Member

While I found the Shootout most entertaining, I doubt it will greatly influence the buying habits of its readership. Probably half of the dozen or so guys I ride with are buying new scoots this year and they've already made up their mind for a variety of reasons (visceral impact: Yamaha, brand loyalty: Honda, availability, etc) and are not at all likely to be swayed by the conclusions reached here. I have an '01 GSXR1000 and I love it. I never rev it above 7 grand in the twisties (c'mon, how many street riders need more than 100 hp on tap when cranked over?) so there is some reserve left for when I feel the need for a gratifying trip to the rev limiter (and although it doesn't scare the crap out of me, I finally feel as though I don't need MORE). This was not the case with my 98 GSXR750 which I routinely rode the balls off and tickled the rev limiter daily. I swapped with my buddy for an hour to ride his 00 R1 and I found it to be uncomfortable, the bar angle is wierd (for me) and as to the quicker steering... even on tight twisties, I spank 'em all on my heavy steering 1000 (as I used to on the 750). These are all fine bikes, I would be happy to have ANY of them, but someone has to represent the suzuki camp in my club. As to the comments about the no-style 'zook...c'mon, the R1 may be better looking but the suzuki still has some visual appeal. I'm happy with my choice, and I certainly won't question someone elses buying decision (you can buy a Harley for all I care). Okay boys, flame away...
josxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 03:43 AM   #109
ruister
Founding Member

Great article!!!

This is one of the best comparison articles I have read in a while. It was both the delivery and the content. You treat your readers like people who can think and don't try to out-smart them. Hey, my money was very well spent!</p>

Keep up the good work.
ruister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 04:17 AM   #110
Grover
Founding Member

Try on a Ducati. "Would you like to sample an ST2 today sir?" I'm tall, some of my Duc riding friends are tall, and we all agree that they're really comfortable for us (748 and 998 excluded of course).
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote