Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   The Verdict is in. (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/1159-verdict.html)

john 04-09-2002 06:34 PM

Re: The Verdict is in.

I don't think so......i go to the local easyriders.....the only chicks there are over 40 with beer guts......the HD guys can keep 'em. Course you know why that is??? Cuz to own a damn harley you have to have enough damn money to buy one, and that doesn't come until later in life. That and the fact that half of them are born agains. Hey! i had a schwinn when i was 12, a Fat Boy when i am 30 should be no problem!!

john 04-09-2002 06:35 PM

Re: Michelin v Dunlop

Put the rear up to 40PSI, or 38 if its real twisty.....get much better wear. Goin on 6,000 miles on some 207's

john 04-09-2002 06:39 PM

I should hope so....given a $2000 and 400cc advantage. The Buell is not a racebike. So don't think it could hang with 600's in the supersport class, even with its displacement. And as for a streetbike? Well, i would guess an F4i would be a more practical streetbike, it at least has good wind protection.

SPEEDFREAK_1 04-09-2002 07:02 PM

You only need to read three lines out of this whole Verdict....One line from each writer...saying how they like the Yamaha........

Arian 04-09-2002 07:04 PM

Re: Sounds like for street riders, the Hondas the one to have

ROFLMAO.

Thanks man, after 1.5 weeks with federal auditors, I needed a laugh.

This is the first killer one I've had. :)

-ae

kdkd 04-09-2002 07:11 PM

Re: Chicks!

Hey man I'm married, but I ain't talking 'bout no Easyrider looking beer gut gals - Hell those aren't chicks. Most folks think my lovely flame qualifies as a chick though - She has no choice.

I'm talking certificate and card carrying chicks that WE all aggree on as "babes"

I've had cheerleader babes, model babes, some darn fine Mom babes, office babes, professional type babes and even the occasional dancer babes - oh yeah and of course Hooters high school babes all ride on the hot HD..

Quick story though - A heck of a long time ago I thought HD what a piece of overrated crap . I was racing and this stuff looked like old crud - One of the salesman was trying to sell me one ( Yeah I beat him the weekend before) He says " Get this Harley - its fast" . It don't look or ride fast I say. He saws " Chicks love 'em" I say "What the hell do they know about any bikes and I've got plenty of chicks already " which was true as my bank could attest. Some years later I have a hot and fast HD and be darn if he wasn't right. I still like race machines and Duc's and am a real BMW fan and own all sorts of stuff and offroad bikes and have a deposit on a FJR - but the ones that get the attention when I open the stable doors - the damn HD and an old Bultaco.

After 25+ years now riding and racing I'm trying to figure out what it was that the chicks knew all along - Ha Ha!!

kdkd 04-09-2002 07:11 PM

Hey man I'm married, but I ain't talking 'bout no Easyrider looking beer gut gals - Hell those aren't chicks. Most folks think my lovely flame qualifies as a chick though - She has no choice.

I'm talking certificate and card carrying chicks that WE all aggree on as "babes"

I've had cheerleader babes, model babes, some darn fine Mom babes, office babes, professional type babes and even the occasional dancer babes - oh yeah and of course Hooters high school babes all ride on the hot HD..

Quick story though - A heck of a long time ago I thought HD what a piece of overrated crap . I was racing and this stuff looked like old crud - One of the salesman was trying to sell me one ( Yeah I beat him the weekend before) He says " Get this Harley - its fast" . It don't look or ride fast I say. He saws " Chicks love 'em" I say "What the hell do they know about any bikes and I've got plenty of chicks already " which was true as my bank could attest. Some years later I have a hot and fast HD and be darn if he wasn't right. I still like race machines and Duc's and am a real BMW fan and own all sorts of stuff and offroad bikes and have a deposit on a FJR - but the ones that get the attention when I open the stable doors - the damn HD and an old Bultaco.

After 25+ years now riding and racing I'm trying to figure out what it was that the chicks knew all along - Ha Ha!!

kdkd 04-09-2002 07:12 PM

kdkd 04-09-2002 07:15 PM

Sorry about oversending - damn new virus crap is messing with all operations

kdkd 04-09-2002 07:24 PM

I don't own any of them and probably won't but get this

1. I ride Harleys on the street-

2. Like BMW though-

3. Have a FJR on order-

4. If I had a open sport bike would probably be a Ducati though-

5. But I'm a long time Yamaha guy

Man, am I wierd or what - but I'll bet there are