Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 04-06-2002, 08:34 PM   #51
obiwanrazzy
Founding Member

Default ZX-9(1150)R

Sounds pretty cool. When you guys gettin' the bike?

Speaking of when... When are you planning to do the Supersport comparo this year?
obiwanrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2002, 07:45 AM   #52
runner00
Founding Member

Default Re: Round Three: The Drag Strip

Something tells me you guys need more bikes to test.
runner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 07:59 AM   #53
floundericiousFL
Founding Member

Ummmm.... I think the little blue light you guys were referring to is the bullsh*t meter going off...oh look minime, it's flashing wildly right NOW!
floundericiousFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 09:11 AM   #54
RidinDawgDoc
Registered Member

Am in total agreement with you. A Open Class Sport Bike Shootout should not be a sport touring shootout. Rode a GSXR1000 for three hours last week in the flatlands of South Florida. Had a blast. Was amazed at how comfortable it was. Expected it to be the torture rack it is writen up to be, but it was fine.

Now we're talkin a forty three year old 6'3" 220lb person here and if my fat ass is comfortable what's up with you younger guys? Then again this fat ass spends every weekend on a KTM 400EXC training for or racing in hare scrambles, so perhaps a Harley Hardtail might seem comfortable.

The GSXR1000 sure wouldn't be my first choice for an Iron Butt, but neither would the other two. Like choosing a F650GS to race in a S. FL. enduro, not a wise choice.

But, if you are going to choose the top of the line SPORT bike, choose the one that performs the best, not the one you would rather ride to Grandmas house.
RidinDawgDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 11:00 AM   #55
HyperBusa
Founding Member

Default Let me guess...

You crashed your bike two weeks ago on the street riding one of these SPORT bikes with PERFORMANCE and no ERGONOMICS at a pace that should be reserved for the track.

Of course I could be wrong.

When I buy a bike for the STREET I want one that does it all: performance, comfort, a FUEL GAUGE!!! If I wanted a bike just to ride as if on a track (NOT on the street) I'd go buy a 600-750, strip it, wire it, and trailer it to the track every weekend. JMO.
HyperBusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 02:32 PM   #56
Riding_Naked
Founding Member

Default Re: Why No Kawasaki?

Thanks Johnny, Mike and MO. Like it or not, you gotta have something for us Kawi guys. We're the Rodney Dangerfields of motorcycling: we get no respect...no respect at all. lol.
Riding_Naked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 06:30 PM   #57
minime
Founding Member

Like these that are lined up, perhaps?

Aprilia Mille R

Ducati 998

Kawasaki ZX-9R

Honda RC-51

Kawasaki ZR-7

Yamaha Vino

Honda Metropolitan

100-horsepower Yamaha Warrior

And maybe a little something else. but, for a start, you know, that's a good one, right?

Oh, and we'll be getting the Sport-Touring comparo underway pretty quick as well, methinks...
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 06:07 AM   #58
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

"We tried different launch techniques and rpm, different tire preparations, different religious rituals."

Did you try circumcizing the flesh of your foreskin as a token of the covenant twixt you and the Yawhoo, God of Speed? I haven't tried it myself, but the ancient Hebrews thought it helped some, according to the Old Testemant. Perhaps it lowers sprung weight, or perhaps it just makes you more aerodynamic.
Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 06:16 AM   #59
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default oh, my ....

as you lay there in pain you can at least take comfort in the fact that you are riding these bikes as they are meant to be ridden. when your knee mends i think you should hop right back on your gixer (or whatever) and CONTINUE riding them as they were meant to be ridden. until you bust your a$$ again. then heal yourself, hop back on, and repeat the process. eventually you will arrive at the ultimate destination of everyone who rides these bikes as they were meant to be ridden.

RIP, squid.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 06:21 AM   #60
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

sorry maliblu, the only thing a Harley will do in 9 seconds is pick up a fat chick.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote