Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 04-05-2002, 04:07 PM   #11
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default re: fastbikes

Yeah, it was serious. That was a great quote. I'm ready to subscribe.

About MO. I'm totally with you. Count on me. They can rent PeeWee Gleason... or just invite him on line and he'll do it for free. This is a blast!

And thank you.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2002, 04:23 PM   #12
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Round Three: The Drag Strip

Yeah, but Johnny Boy stopped in Jack in the Crack, grabbed a sweet tea (wait, this is California, not Georgia), and still beat you.

Damn, I hated that when I was in Cali. No Damn sweet tea... anywhere. Not even KFC.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 04:26 PM   #13
maliblu65
Founding Member

A stock street bike that runs a 9 second quarter mile blows my mind! I have a 65 Chevelle with a 500 horse stroked 383 that runs consistent mid 11's. This is only after 2 years of work and mucho dinero invested.

Go to the dealer,by the bike, and with a little practice your smoking everything in town on 4 wheels at the stoplights.

I wouldnt mind building a street Harley that could run a high 9 second quarter mile...
maliblu65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 04:29 PM   #14
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Yes!!!

This is a perfect example of how great writing is not common. Don't get me wrong, Don Canet is a great guy, but Cycle World bored me to death with the bland explanations and stats when it came evualating performance. You guys are doing a great job of making our reading enjoyable and worth the money.

Too bad www.motogp.com has now become [sort of] a pay site. The content is not worth the money.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 04:36 PM   #15
jmeyn
Founding Member

Joe_Momma, in California, if you order tea, you'll see this little ceramic thing with little white packages somewhere on the table. These contain sugar. Which is sweet.

Don't shoot. Just being helpful.

Old 04-05-2002, 04:40 PM   #16
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: Yes!!!

Compared to MCN, it's Shakespeare.
Old 04-05-2002, 04:48 PM   #17
sarnali
Founding Member

the only way you'll get a street harley to run 9's is to drop it off a cliff
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 05:27 PM   #18
Grappelli
Registered Member

Default re: fastbikes

Those guys are complete nutters. For a few years now they've been videoing run outs they have and selling them through the magazine. Although I don't live in the UK any more (and can't play pal tapes) the last one I saw remains vivid in my memory. They were doing a thrash to the south of Spain. They wrecked 5 of the bikes in the process with only two making it all the way. (Included: Yam blowing up at 180, ducati high side, landing a wheelie on another bike, blown clutches from too many wheelies, etc etc) The thing that remains clearest in my mind is them wheelying the bikes along the INSIDE of the channel tunnel train, then along the side of the queue to the customs post. If you ever get the chance, watch these videos. Just doen't ever try it on a bike you've paid for....
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 06:30 PM   #19
Dennis_Looney
Founding Member

Van:

Right-ti-oh you are that the UK rags rock. I pick one up every month while at Heathrow or Gatwick.

Hey, long time no talk! Remember me? I'm the VFR guy from SD with bro in Graeagle. I just bought my new 954RR last night and the only complaint I have is that I can't see behind me with those poor mirrors. The only complaint my VFR has is that it is fookin' jealeous of the new beatch!

Rock on at Mosquito Ridge in memory of your fallen R1 buddy...
Dennis_Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 07:36 PM   #20
12er
Founding Member

Being a Californian but having southern family you learn that you MUST put in the sugar before the tea cools. Otherwise you just end up with a sandbar of sugar on the bottom.

As for the story, Great read! Brought back fond memories of my old 68 GTO and 71 Cutlass. I miss the rumble of a pair of cut off glasspacks.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote