Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-23-2002, 07:27 AM   #31
Alohaterry
Founding Member

Default Re: Friday Fromage

I, being of high moral charater, would never throw dirt when leaving an employer and would never encourage others to do such a dastartly deed.
However, with you being JB and a public figure of some note, I think you owe it to your fans (and stalkers) to let it all hang out and spill the whole dirty truth. Share the rumors and cover the whole sordid mess with a new layer of muck so all of us can roll in it and really know the whole story.... come on JB [b]TELL IT ALL![b]
Alohaterry is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2002, 08:33 AM   #32
NotoriousDJW
Registered Member

JPB,

First let me say that I was not amongst the spineless naysayers regarding your left lane commentary. I put forth my own "modest proposal" which I hope someday to implement when I am given the broad legislative power I so richly deserve.

Now to the matter at hand. The internet is different in the sense that most of the distribution machinery has been cut out and there isn't the same need to tow the corporate line. I would say that if you're going to tell it, blow the doors wide open and show us the whole rotten, festering sore that is Motorcyclist magazine, EMAP USA, and Primedia. You will become a target of the primedia legal department whether you tell a little or a lot so why not get your money's worth? I pledge $20 towards your severance and legal defense fund if you decide to do it.

I guess it comes down to who you want to be journalistically. Are you more Peter Egan or more Hunter S. Thompson? I admire Egan for his ability to stay positive and yet still true to the subject while HST is a loose cannon who still manages to hit the mark fairly often. Either way he always entertains. In the end I read both. Whatever you decide, get it over with and get back to writing about motorcycles. Ultimately this is a motorcycle magazine, not a support group.

Dennis
NotoriousDJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 08:43 AM   #33
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Jose Obando

We want dirt, we want dirt, we want dirt......
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 08:47 AM   #34
steve_lach
Founding Member

JB, friends share!!! I want to hear all the dirt, in interesting detail only a talented scribe like yourself can provide. sml
Old 03-23-2002, 09:18 AM   #35
speedsport
Founding Member

And while you are searching for truth see if you can find a "reporter" that can get the real story on why Picotte was canned by HMC, or do you guys just sit around and wait for someone to call with a story.
speedsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 11:45 AM   #36
jhayton
Founding Member

No, wait, I know what it is - you contracted Hepatitis AB & C from sharing a tattoo needle with MB and he didn't tell you he had the disease...

No what was the tattoo?

jhayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 12:27 PM   #37
onedownfourup
Founding Member

I assume you didn't pose your "bigger man v. dirt" question because you think we readers are going to appeal to your better half...Death to slanderous glossy monthlies! Dish, man, dish!!!!
onedownfourup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 01:56 PM   #38
floundericiousFL
Founding Member

I LIKE CHEESE!!
floundericiousFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 05:57 PM   #39
lightnin
Founding Member

Well, looks like it's about time to take the "This is John Burns' Life" site off the favorites list and start looking for a good motorcycle oriented site again. I for one am just not into listening to self-aggrandizing biatches whine on the Soap Opera channel.
lightnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 06:13 PM   #40
julian
Founding Member

My vote's with the don't look back faction.

Not only is it a classier act but I've found that napalming my bridges is only interesting to me and for about a week but is a continuing source of fasination to others for years and years.

Ya' know, how are you going to be able to hire him in ten years after everything you could say now?

Julian
julian is offline   Reply With Quote