Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-22-2002, 06:39 PM   #21
dwr461
Founding Member

Default Re: Friday Fromage

Two down, two to go.

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2002, 10:35 PM   #22
Dave_Swider
Founding Member

As a journalist, and I do truly believe that you are one, your responsibility is to report the news, not to be the news.

Leave the dirt behind and tell us about motorcycles and riding them. Tell us about other people that ride them. But don't tell us about the relationships between you and your job.

I consider you to be in there with Egan, Cameron and Hunter S. Thompson. Don't screw it up by going cheap. Remember, when the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.

Glad to see you've gone pro. Thanks, man.

dave

team K

lost in Marin county
Old 03-22-2002, 11:59 PM   #23
buzzer
Registered Member

My advice..... Let the success of MO from the point you joined be the dirt you dish.
buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 02:47 AM   #24
toomuch
Founding Member

MO has a mission statement. That is what MO is about. Be a part of MO.

toomuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 04:26 AM   #25
GregP
Founding Member

Be the man, look to tommorrow, just glancing occasionally in the rearview mirrors. Its what you do from this point on that matters.
GregP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 04:28 AM   #26
acruhl
Founding Member

Default Don't do it

Who cares? Seriously people, are we that petty to need to know all this crap? Rise above it johnnyb, be the bigger man. Setting the record straight can be simple replies of what didn't happen to people that must stir ***** up.

There's plenty to write about out there that's 100 times more enlightening than why someone left a job.

Andy
acruhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 04:34 AM   #27
Eric
Founding Member

As curious as I am about the situation at Motorcyclist, little would be served by airing your grievances here.

I subscribed to MO well before you joined the staff. I saw your addition to the staff as a great benefit -- I have always enjoyed your writing. Keep the writing motorcycle related. Why start a bitter dispute with 'ist here in a public forum? Rise above...

If there truly are rumors floating about, I am sure the counter rumors will also appear. If not, you come across as a little better person if you refuse to give a response to make yourself feel a little better. It always feels a little better to have someone else crush untruths about you than to do it yourself.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 04:54 AM   #28
CheezSorce
Founding Member

Speaking of Fromage, did you know that an Australian Brie won the Wisconsin Cheesemakers Biennial World Champion Cheese Competition. Yours truely was one of the two judges judging the Brie/soft ripened class who nominated it as a class winner, it was then nominated Grand Champion by all the judges. Now thats Viva la Fromage!

Regarding your options on the reasons for making an employment change think about this. In the abscence of fact people will create their own. At some time it will be necessary to put the record straight. Perhaps you will not have to.

Great site.

CheezSorce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 05:24 AM   #29
unpaved313
Founding Member

One left? Who will it be? (I'm betting it won't be ***** Moehm...)

Todd
Old 03-23-2002, 05:47 AM   #30
BiZ
Founding Member

I once had some dirt. But now, I just can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where I put it?
BiZ is offline   Reply With Quote