Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-21-2002, 12:02 PM   #61
Grappelli
Registered Member

Default Re: John Burns: Daily Diatribe

I have been running with a similar idea. My theory is that everyone should get one missile a lifetime (so use it carefully!!) to blast the most irritating driver you ever meet out of existance. The only problem is, once you've used it.....
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2002, 12:33 PM   #62
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Greetings, oh similarly afflicted one. For me, the biggest bummer about Houston moto is the total dearth of pleasant roads. I hardly ride anymore because going straight is dull. Maybe I should buy a Gold Wing or VTX.

Ever been to Westheimer on a Saturday night? Great fun to watch the squidboys wheelie down the street past police cruisers.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 12:35 PM   #63
caderider
Registered Member

Mmmm... Spaten...
Old 03-21-2002, 01:00 PM   #64
caderider
Registered Member

I'd be worried about rampant 'missile theft' that would surely increase my missile rider premiums on my insurance policy, not to mention leaving my bike 'missing it's missile"...
Old 03-21-2002, 01:27 PM   #65
bugsplatter
Founding Member

keep trying, your reading comprehension is tainted by wishful thinking... primae facie limits are those posted limits other than the limits set forth in 22349(a), (b), 22406, and 22356. Sorry if your going the Max speed, you can hold up traffic all day long.... only the very real possibility of highway violence or just plain old human decency steers drivers to the slower lanes while traveling at the Maximum speed.
bugsplatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 01:30 PM   #66
bugsplatter
Founding Member

THe vehicle code section you mention only applis on riads with one lane for each direction of travel, not freeway where flashing your brights is a violation, as is honking your horn, however did you know that on a two lane road it is illegal to speed up while being passed....
bugsplatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 02:32 PM   #67
emapusa
Founding Member

Default Some guy I know...

A "friend" of mine who used to date a girl 240 miles away in Fresno ("he" lives in Los Angeles) used to love to take his ST1100 up to about 100 on the very straight and boring 5 and 99 freeways that run up the central valley. His favorite thing to pass the time was to find some guy doing 57 passing some guy doing 55, right along side each other without a care in the world. He'd then try to "time the wake." He'd reduce speed not a whit and slice through the two cars at like twice their speed. He'd only do this when there was a good 15 or so feet between them as the lanes are generous on these roads. So anyhow, once through he'd start counting, "one one thousand, two one thousand" and usually after about two seconds they'd both veer apart from each other and out of the way of "whatever the hell that was." And that was how long the "wake" was (like in a motorboat).

My "friend" was once lectured by a noted motojournalist on how bad that was for motorcycling and how he should be taken out and shot and all that stuff. Buy ten or twelve of you will probably also lecture me just for retelling his story. Oh well.
emapusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 06:44 PM   #68
akcarlson
Founding Member

Default Hawkers Unite!

I just bought an '88 Hawk last weekend. It's my first bike, and I'm really happy with it, mainly because there are a million-and-a-half things I can do to it when my skill grows enough that I might get bored with it.

So far, so good.
akcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 07:16 PM   #69
Jeff_Story
Founding Member

Default Re: FUC K BUSH!

That moron would have an approval rating of 6 if he didn't have someone to bomb.
Jeff_Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 07:23 PM   #70
Jeff_Story
Founding Member

Someone should tell the to the Harley riders who won't let people pass them. NOT all Harley riders, but the only riders who have ever done this to me were on Harleys.
Jeff_Story is offline   Reply With Quote