Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-20-2002, 11:46 AM   #11
Grappelli
Registered Member

Default Re: John Burns: Daily Diatribe

pardon the twin post (kill this one if you can..)
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2002, 11:56 AM   #12
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Okay, people exceeding 70 mph are in violation of section 22349, and people who won't get out of the way are in violation of section 21654.

If we could just get the CHP to pull over the latter instead of the former.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 12:22 PM   #13
bluedot
Founding Member

While I couldn't agree with you more JB ... I have to echo Sherm.

We stand a better chance of seeing Gov. Davis spearheading a movement to save 2-stroke OHV's then we do getting someone to enforce this law.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 12:26 PM   #14
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Hydrogen (Nuclear) Hand Grenades that caused no environmental damage were/are in the development stage. I don't know if that means it hasn't left paper or computer concept yet but it's what I read in Pop Mech and was also told by a Master Chief Seal when I was on the Bellow Wood LH class ship. Former Sgt in the Marines, thank you.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 12:34 PM   #15
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Selfish Drives don't let you pass

I guess until we have flying cars we have to deal with ONE freakin' car holding up tens (or more) of cars in the left lane because the idiots are going the same speed as the two eighteen wheelers lined up in the lane to the right of them. They are all going 60mph so you may never get by.

Last night two cars going 35 in a 45 were lined up side by side and held traffic up for the entire length of this 4 mile stretch (between stop lights) of a road on my way home.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 12:36 PM   #16
Randy_P_Moran
Founding Member

Let's think for a minute about nuclear hand grenades, shall we? I really only have one question for you; If you have a nuclear hand grenade, why bother throwing it?

I'm sure your SEAL buddy told you lot's of stuff. I knew (and worked with) a lot of SF types who told me a lot of stuff, too. I made it a policy to believe none of it, and I'm much better off.

Randy Moran

Former US Army E5, MOS 97E20CX (Interrogator/Czech Linguist)
Randy_P_Moran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 12:49 PM   #17
Haird
Founding Member

BMW? Gouge? Nah.
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 12:49 PM   #18
onebadoldz
Founding Member

Default Re: Selfish Drives don't let you pass

Is it me, or do you respond to every single post that is on MO??? America's motorcycle industry would be more competitive if you were more productive with your time Anyhow, you're on a motorcycle that I presume has a rate of acceleration that is better than that of the two cars holding you up, so roll with it. Take the necessary risk because you're in such a hurry and pass the vehicles. That's what the oncoming lane if for, that is what the shoulder can be used for, and I even saw on some of them cop chase videos the motorcycle splitting the two cars, so grow some _____ and walk on the cars, or if something terrible happens.......give us something to read about the next morning in the news.
onebadoldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 01:18 PM   #19
johnnyb
Founding Member

Unfortunately in order to get my little severance check, I am not at liberty to DISPARAGE Mr. Boehm in any way. (Cool how the attorneys always work these things out.) Something tells me that Boehm and you might have enough common ground to be real buddies, actually. He's at mcmail@primediacmmg.com.--jb
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 02:09 PM   #20
glf5810
Founding Member

Come'on Burns! You don't have to say anything too bad about Boehm but give us the goods. I agree that the left lane thing is an issue but it's not going to change unless we start at the driver education level. Giving tickets probably isn't the fastest way to solve this problem. Anyway, the goods on you and Boehm, the way you see it, hold the profanity so you still get that check and we all get a good read.
glf5810 is offline   Reply With Quote