Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-16-2002, 07:25 AM   #21
ccmun
Founding Member

Default Re: John Burns: Bitterness Ebbing

John Boy, you alright, but you don't have to put all your bizness on the street. I don't see why you have to dog your wifey out in public.

Keep it coming.

ccmun.
ccmun is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2002, 08:00 AM   #22
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Yup, I'm a faithful reader of City Bike and of Joe Glydon, as well as of course - MO.

Just FYI - They're also online at http://www.citybike.com

I know you wanted hate mail (hehehe) but this isn't gonna be it... So far, you're doing a bang-up (but hopefully not banged-up) job at MO, keep up the great work!
Old 03-16-2002, 08:38 AM   #23
everiman
Registered Member

Default Re: Glydon

Read it too, IMNSHO too much thesaurus and not enough spell check.
everiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 03:04 PM   #24
dominatr37
Founding Member

You suck Burns! You write like an angry 12 year old. You have no style, , no pannache, no verve. Go get a job at bicycle monthly, you belong on nothing no more powerful then a Schwinn ! Real readers HATE you !

LOL ! There , is that any better? Seriously, your articles in Motorcyclist were always the best, the ones I looked forward to most. Glad to get you here at MO where we can read your somewhat witty remarks more then once a month.
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 05:26 AM   #25
motodude1
Founding Member

Default Re: Bitterness Ebbing

Limited contact is not enough. Work for him for any length of time, and you too will realize that 'fat fascist' is almost too nice....
Old 03-18-2002, 05:29 AM   #26
motodude1
Founding Member

Default oh FUC K off already!

" Regardless of what you may or may not think, no human likes to be made fun of-- ever."

So why are you belittling John, you fuc king hypocrite!
Old 03-18-2002, 06:09 AM   #27
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

Default Re: Glydon

Glydon never lets things like correct spelling (or facts) get in the way of his verbosity.

Glydon does write well--I'll give him that--but judging from his book reviews, I suspect that his brainpan was hardwired by the night shift at Ducati Elettrotecnica after a particularly vino-soaked lunch break. There are some synapsis that just aren't happening up there.
Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 06:06 PM   #28
cgrah
Founding Member

John, I was shocked to run across your article here while surfing the web looking for motorcycle accessory websites! Sorry to hear about your departure from Motorcyclist. I have been looking for a reason to cancel my membership to that rag anyway, and I can think of no better reason. I have always looked forward to reading your articles, ever since your early days at Cycle and just subscribed to this (ezine?) just to be able to continue to read your articles. Take care and keep telling it like it is.
cgrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 07:35 PM   #29
cornercarver
Founding Member

"hyperilluminated protoreality"?!!!... Do you think he just invents stuff like that while he writes, or does he think of them and then invent a context in which to use them? I am most impressed. I doubt I ever manage more than 3 syllables per word when I write! Good call, Burns.
cornercarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 06:22 AM   #30
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

I agree with Stormcloud. John, you are a total waste of flesh. Your kind make me vomit.

BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote