Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-15-2002, 05:37 PM   #11
Potash13
Founding Member

Default Re: John Burns: Bitterness Ebbing

Whoa, chill out there homeslice!

This place is all about ride'in, good times and just kick'in back.

Potash13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2002, 07:38 PM   #12
badsac
Founding Member

While everyone's entitled to their opinions, I couldn't agree less with yours.

See it for what it is, which is a bit of humour. We all love hearing a bit of gossip. All the more if it's embellished a bit.

Lighten up.
badsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 07:41 PM   #13
redrumjim
Founding Member

I'm glad see your writing for MO now. When you were at MC your column was the best part of the mag. Now that your gone I doubt that I'll be buying it anymore, it cost to much when bought at a store or it gets mangled by our friendly mail carriers when you subscribe, it's a pain in the ass to store back issues and I hate thinking about how many tree's are cut down each month so we can read about bikes while sitting on the john. I've always enjoyed your "prose" even when you are crying and complaining like a little *****. I think that your input will make my favorite web site even better. Thanks for the tip about Citybike. Signed on to it to day for the 1st time and thought that it was a good read, thanks. I'm looking forward to your next column and I can't wait for the new shootout.
redrumjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 08:39 PM   #14
zemmo
Registered Member

Hey, Burns, glad to see you landed somewhere. Where's that dang Carrithers? He probably has nothing to do, maybe you could revive the dueling insult mode--it used to give me a chuckle. Anyway, hang in there, and please feel free to insult whomever you like. Clearly the answer to "Can't we all just get along?" is "No ****in' way"...
zemmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 10:06 PM   #15
Reality_Check
Founding Member

Bryan: Perhaps you'd be correct in your comments if J. Purient (sic?) were writing for National Review, Gentlemen's Quarterly, or National Geographic. Now, I am not a worth a Babboon's Asscrack at writing myself, but I AM a conniseur (I like to read). And one of the basic tenants of good prose is to direct your writing to the intended audience. And for this crowd, in this sport, Irreverence, Smart Assology, and a certain amount of venting one's emotions (be they true or merely an exaggeration to show emphasis, as I think they are here), are perfectly appropriate. To be an effective reporter in a small town newspaper, all one must be is factual and a mediocre speller. But to be this and both Entertaining and Recognizable (many MO readers saw John immediately in the V-Rod piece), and to gather a following (Burns clearly has), one must go beyond the basics and develop a real personality that comes through the written word (and actually be able to use a Theasaurus). Damned if I'm not envious.

As for "not liking being made fun of," the tolerance for that comes with emotional maturity - heck, if done good-naturedly, it is a form of flattery. Being ignored is worse than being hated, someone at least has to care about you to hate you. Keep up the Good Work, Burnsie, and if it don't work out, there's always the Puxatawnie Gazzette. Have you picked out a color for your new "Vette yet? Mine's gold.
Old 03-16-2002, 03:59 AM   #16
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

He wouldn't be JB if he didn't write that way.

Shadddupppp!!!
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 04:01 AM   #17
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Claire is hot.

Glydon is good.

Bryan (the post above) is a little slow.

Just my opinion

yours truly,

Joe_Momma
Old 03-16-2002, 04:02 AM   #18
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Oh, there is absolutely nothing in a title.
Old 03-16-2002, 05:47 AM   #19
JMC_1
Founding Member

Reality Check.... Excellent response to "Politically Correct Bryan". And don't be so hard on yourself, a babboon ass is quite colorful, as was your insight.

I haven't got a vette yet,but I've got my eye on a really cool gold vette necklace!

JMC_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 06:31 AM   #20
MileHighMagna
Registered Member

Johnny Baby.....

By now we realize your fragile psyche' has been damaged and you're all vulnerable and everything but....get over it dude!! Re-direct that negative energy toward providing your loyal MO subscribers with some of that great talent of yours. I'm personally looking forward to your contributions.

Go get 'em!!

MileHighMagna is offline   Reply With Quote